Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Discussion of new X-box and PS forums.

Options
  • 13-02-2005 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Now we have dedicated console forums , if we want to post about a game thats out on both do we post here or on all 3? If its only one do we post in games or on the console specific forum ?
    If its a game thats not out but its unknown what exactly its coming out on do we post here there or elsewhere?
    If its a gamecube game do we post here?
    Is this now PC games and other consoles ?

/me hatessss them.

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

i think splitting them up is a bad idea. there was nothing wrong with the way it was. Its too segmented now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I agree there was not enough traffic going through games to warrent the split it into three forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

*ahem*
    Where the feck is the Nintendo forum if there's gonna be separate forums?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

*ahem*
    Where the feck is the Nintendo forum if there's gonna be separate forums?
    I cuncur...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Yeah, I hate this split, it's confusing where to post and way too segmented. I thought that in the numorous "can we get an ________ forum?" threads, everyone agreed that making seperate forums for consoles was not a good idea.

And another thing, tidy up the Games forums list, it looks a mess.

• Advertisement

They told me that there was no need to have a seperate DS/PSP/Handhelds fourm...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

There isnt enough traffic on the games forum to warrant a split.. theres only a few new threads per day. Its rediculous, its just gonna take longer to browse the different forums now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

Game Awards...
    Game Editing...
    Games....
    Half Life

no gamecube forum?

I agree with Tusky, its gonna take a lot longer to browse now.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

don't agree with this split of the games forum, but half life does deserve one as it has thousands of mods and plus has been around for 6 years.

if the split stays then there should be a nintendo console forum, but then what would the games forum be for?

pc gaming?
    flash games?

the split is wrong wrong i tell ya's

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

This split is ridiculous. There will be less traffic on each. Also they will be just breathing grounds for fanboys of the respective console. But worst of all is that we will lose the opinions of other people with different consoles or PCs.

Yes, i totally agree. Can we please get rid of the Xbox and playstation forums and have 1 general games forum as before. I always found it more interesting seeing a mix of different posts on the general games forum. I dont want to just read about one particular system.

I prepose a boycott of the 2 offending forums with a flameing of any member who crosses the picket line! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

how ****ing pointless :confused:

like i said the last time this split was suggested; it needlessly segregates the games forum.

i liked it just the way it was :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Rew wrote:
    I prepose a boycott of the 2 offending forums with a flameing of any member who crosses the picket line! ;)

Here, here! Viva la revolution!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

It’s no real surprise that nearly everyone here disagrees with the spite.

My advice is just (as suggested above) boycott them. Until I'm told other wise you can still talk about Xbox, PlayStation, Half-Life, etc, etc, etc topics here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

I don't think it's such a big deal to be honest, if people want to talk about games in general, they'll do it in the games forum and most of the users will end up posting in there any way. The platform specific threads will probably turn into help threads and "wow look at our exclusives" and pretty much nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭Big Ears

im in favour of the boycott , Viva la revolution!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Well given that I've really got no reason to post on any of the new forums...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Don't look at me.

• Advertisement

Give me the names of the people responsible for this and who suggested this. I'll give them a good thrashing with my implements of torture and pleasure.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I really dislike the way boards has been moving in 2005 and this is the worst decision yet. Im posting solely on the games forum even if its a thread/post PS2/XBOX exclusive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

This is a stupid idea. The X-box forum only has four threads and the same on the ps2 forum-its a totally needless and stupid change.

And a lot of the posts are fairly fanboyish.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭Big Ears

maybe one of us should post this thread on the feedback forum instead of giving out where the only people that will here us are the people that wan't the same thing but can do nothing .

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Brerrabbit

I'm all for the revolution; it's far more interesting browsing the normal "games" forum. a silly cahnge I think but just ignore it and maybe it will go away( /me changes name to brerostrich/ )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Maybe the lack of a GameCube/Nintendo forum signifies that Games == Nintendo. It's good to see that all others recognise it... </fan-boi>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Retr0gamer wrote:
    And a lot of the posts are fairly fanboyish.

I agree with Retr0gamer, the split can only encourage fanboys.

It's the beating down in general games forum which forces them to repent.

Well im not going to post on any of the new console forums. Only here.Stupid stupid idea.Who decided it? obviously somone who had nothing to do with the games forums

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Big Ears wrote:
    maybe one of us should post this thread on the feedback forum instead of giving out where the only people that will here us are the people that wan't the same thing but can do nothing .

Rew wrote:

Advertisement