Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

App to rotate PDA display 90 degrees.

Options
  • 14-02-2005 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭

Just downloaded Adobe Reader for Pocket PC and its great but the reflow function leaves the text too small. So I either need an add on for Acrobat Reader to allow viewing in Landscape (which I cant believe they didnt include :confused: ) or I need an app that will rotate my display 90 degrees.

Does anyone have any experience or recommendations for the above?

I have an IPAQ H1945 Windows Mobile 2003 and the 2003 Update is not available for this device.

Any help at all is appreciated. ;)

Thanks people..

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Yeah I had one that could do that and change the resolution. It weorked fairly well but its not perfect. The main problem I had was that when I made certian changes I couldn't undo them. I had to reset the device to get it back to normal. The bugs may be ironed out now.

The other problem is that I cannt remember the name of the app! :confused:

Google should be your friend. Newer PDA's do this as part of the OS which is cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Philbert

Rew wrote:
    Newer PDA's do this as part of the OS which is cool.

I know, there is an Update for 2003 that will do this but HP are only allowing it for certain IPAQ models. Very frustrating!

There is an app on Handango but I just wanted to get some peoples experiences first.

Thanks. And if you remember the name be sure to let me know.. :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Whats the app on Handango called?

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

http://www.freewareppc.com/utilities/vsrutility.shtml give this a try i think it might be what ur looking for

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Philbert

Philbert wrote:
    Just downloaded Adobe Reader for Pocket PC and its great but the reflow function leaves the text too small. So I either need an add on for Acrobat Reader to allow viewing in Landscape (which I cant believe they didnt include :confused: )
    Silly silly me!!! After some further research I found that this is actually possible. You need to go into custimize toolbars option and remove a toolbar button to add the rotate display button because it is not added by default.
    Changing the orientation of a document You can change the orientation of the document from portrait to landscape view by using the Rotate Clockwise icon and the Rotate Counterclockwise icon . Since there is no change orientation or rotate command available from the viewing menu,you must select the Rotate View option in the Toolbar preferences dialog box to display the icons and enable this functionality.

• Advertisement
Advertisement