Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

S-Video query

• 14-02-2005 2:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭

hi all, i hope this is the correct forum for this...

i have s-video on my pc and it works ok on my tv, but the screen size is kinda small (i have attached a pic for you to see)
    what im asking is ... is there any sort of s-video manager you can download or anything like that where is allows you to edit the screen size/ output signal (pal/ntsc) or anything along those lines??

thanks lads

Macker

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

I'd say there'd be something in the video-card driver controls for that sort of thing... my old Radeon card had streching options for it's TV out.
    I don't know of any 3rd party manager programs, but then - I haven't been looking ;)
    It might be handy to know what gfx hardware your PC has.
    Like if you've let Windows detect the gfx card and use its own drivers for it, you'll be missing some usefull "Display Properties" tabs/options that would otherwise be available if you install the full drivers from the manufacturer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

It's a setting on the tv. Basically, you're watching a floating image, IE, It's letterboxed and pillarboxed. I imagine, you have set the tv to display 16:9.... ammmm, let me think about this, Yea, I think it's that, you are viewing a 4:3 image, on a 4:3 monitor, however you've set the monitor to see the incoming image as 16:9. I think that's it ( I hate Apsect Ratios) I think on that tv, if you go into menu and picture set up, you should be able to change the aspect ratio that the tv displays. I may have it backwards, but changing that setting, should sort it out. Unless the incoming video was Double-Arc'ed (Not possible in this case as it's a computer signal)

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

Also when connecting a pc to a tv there is something called overscan - basically (i think) it means your video card is scanning at a different rate than the tv. It results in black borders around the image. Powerstrip on windows can sort it out, on linux there are a few utils for nvidia card. Havnt any experience with ATI and linux though but a google seach will prob bring something up.

Advertisement