Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Soprano's addict....

• 14-02-2005 9:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭

A mate of mine was always harping on about Sopranos. I didn't bother watching it as it was in series 5. However I cracked and watched a few episodes..... 2 weeks later I went out and bought all the boxsets 1-4. I've just finished watching them all (in 2 weeks). What a brilliant series. Best TV I've ever seen. Any other addicts out there?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Indeed. I watch them over and over. That's why I buy series I like on DVD, you can watch them when you want and all in a row if you want. I tend to go over board and spend a weekend watching all five series, I've forgotton what's happened in the previous ones by the time I get a quater way through. IMHO, it's one of the best series made of late, by probably the best production company out there at the moment. I want to go and work for HBO, so if anyone's got contacts, let me know ;)

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Unit00

Does anybody know when the fifth season of the sopranos is coming out. I heard late this year but does anybody know?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Brerrabbit

I'm in almost the exact same situation; never really got into it on TV but after hearing some of my mates go on about how great it is for weeks I cracked and boughtseries one-four in xtravision for €35 each. They are amazing; I'm totally addicted, I've been taking it easy with them, just watching one or two a night before I go to sleep. Half way through season two at the mo (so spoiler tags please if necessary!).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

best series ever, watched pretty much every season in the space of 1-2 days, 6 hour sittings... my god

I watched season 4, 3, 2, 1, 5.. in that order though.. due to availability, it.. made things a little confusing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Brerrabbit wrote:
    I'm in almost the exact same situation; never really got into it on TV but after hearing some of my mates go on about how great it is for weeks I cracked and boughtseries one-four in xtravision for €35 each. They are amazing; I'm totally addicted, I've been taking it easy with them, just watching one or two a night before I go to sleep. Half way through season two at the mo (so spoiler tags please if necessary!).

ditto - bought 1-4 for E35 in Xtravision. Superb Value.

Unit00 Season 5 is out in November (I read on the web). Also, according to HBO website they are currently making season 6.

There were some fantastic episodes. The one where Paulie and Chris took the russian to the woods to execute him was one of the best. That and the final episode in series 4 where Tony and Carmela split. Some very funny parts too like where Chris kills the dog by sitting on him (I nearly soiled myself) and the non-judgemental, non agressive intervention with Chris that turns into a fist fight. The demise of Adriana and pussy were also very well done.
    All in all the best TV I have ever watched. One of the saddest moments of my life was when I realised the last episode on series 4 was my last one to watch. I nearly cried.

Bravo HBO. Next band of brothers, of which, I have never seen an episode. However a mate of mine just bought the boxset.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

adriana's death was done really really well, yeah.. I almost believed she was gona be ok. Almost..

God damnit tony :(

Advertisement