Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is going on!?

Options
  • 14-02-2005 11:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Somehow I am logged on as DJ Kryptonic!!? But my actual username is fletch

I left myself logged into boards all weekend on my work computer with the page reloading every 30secs and somehow I am now logged in as DJ Kryptonic, how the hell did this happen?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 DJ Kryptonic

My computer was locked all weekend so nobody could have logged into my machine.....this is weird

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

It's a good name, I'd stick with it. :P

CuLT wrote:
    It's a good name, I'd stick with it. :P
    Well only problem....if I log out then I won't know the password to log back in...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Can't you use the password recovery, when you're logged out, for the other account?

Maybe DJ Kryptonic works in the same place you do, and either logged in or the proxy/firewall messed it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

you have two accounts, one for each personality?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Maybe the server got pi**ed off with you wasting all that bandwidth and decided to screw around with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

The account you are using was registered on saturday. Are you sure there was no one using your computer at work?

There is one course of action you might want to try.

Log out of the account you are using now. Clear all the cookies in the temporary internet files

Tools --> Internet Options

in your browser.

This is assuming that you know the password for your account entitled "fletch"

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I think more to the point, why do you need the pages reloading every 30 seconds?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I think the question is ... Can this DJ Kryptonic lay down some beets?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

its probably not importnat, but where did the name DJ Kryptonic come from.

and fletch is crap name by the way.

id rather be called KittyKoomBoYa personally.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

You told me you wanted to be called Doris from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

The account you are using was registered on saturday. Are you sure there was no one using your computer at work?

There is one course of action you might want to try.

Log out of the account you are using now. Clear all the cookies in the temporary internet files

Tools --> Internet Options

in your browser.

This is assuming that you know the password for your account entitled "fletch"
    There was definately nobody using my PC over the weekend as I am the only admin set up on the machine & I had loadza apps left open over the weekend and they were all still in the same state this morning.
    Oh I logged outta DJ Kryptonic and back into my username....I PM'd DJ Kryptonic and asked him does he work in my building.....interesting to see if he gets back to me

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

It's a noted problem. It has happened before.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

As Giblet says, and it's also one that is in the process of being fixed and shouldn't reoccur after tomorrow. Apologies for the inconvenience, and we hope that nobody has been harmed by it. I'd go into detail, but quite frankly that would be silly of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

stevenmu wrote:
    Maybe the server got pi**ed off with you wasting all that bandwidth and decided to screw around with you.
    Amen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

If you log in at the same time as a new user is being created, boards gets all confused and logs you in as the user. Happened to moi with that NCD777 guy. More to the point there seems to be a problem with the WYSIWYG editor and mozilla under firefox on mandrake. I.e it doesn't work. MAybe its just moi...

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Boston wrote:
    If you log in at the same time as a new user is being created, boards gets all confused and logs you in as the user. Happened to moi with that NCD777 guy. More to the point there seems to be a problem with the WYSIWYG editor and mozilla under firefox on mandrake. I.e it doesn't work. MAybe its just moi...

" Boards.ie - Now Ye're Disembodied Soul is Talkiin'! "

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Boston wrote:

Which again makes you wondering why they were logging in over and over every 30 seconds?

Im DJ Kryptonic?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Congrats? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement