Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HALO 2 LIVE - lagging?

• 14-02-2005 11:35am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So is it just me, or is it next to impossible to win a Slayer game against a bunch of Americans because of the lag...? :confused:

For me anyway most of the time it starts out fine but then after a few mins you begin to find yourself blown up or shotgunned before you even hear the blast...

Is this down to your ISP, or the just fact that the game is being played across the Atlantic...?

(I'm awaiting the "it's just you" replies :rolleyes: )

Gamertag: Dades

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

Well prove it isn't you. Whats your connection speed? Areyou using a router or Internet COnnection Sharing?

But yeah, I get lag on slayer against Americans too. They should have Euro only option.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭DigiMarc

I've never noticed any lag that the Americans haven't noticed. Whenever I have come across it the Americans are giving out just as much as the Europeans.

Gamer Tag: Baron von

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

cregser wrote:
    Well prove it isn't you. Whats your connection speed? Areyou using a router or Internet COnnection Sharing?

But yeah, I get lag on slayer against Americans too. They should have Euro only option.
    A Euro option would be cool alright.
    I'm using an IBB USB Ripwave modem into my PC, and into the console from the network card. Connection speed probably averages 200k but varys wildly.

I don't think IBB have the best ping times. Just wondering if the problem is more widespread really.

CHEERS :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

i'm using an IBB USB Ripwave modem into my PC, and into the console from the network card. Connection speed probably averages 200k but varys wildly.

That would be your problem. Ripwave is drastically inferior to regular BB offered by eircom or BT. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 JosephF

not as much lag as pc gaming though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

Put it this way, if i can play Halo 2 over ISDN and it dosnt lag at all well then i guess its your connection so :)

(btw isdn runs perfect ping wise aswell over xbox live )

Gamertag: cryos2k5

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

i get awfull lag in most xbox live games, particulary Halo2, Dead Or Alive Online (sometimes the lag freezzes it altogether) and Rainbow Six... ive only got a few weeks left in my one year subscription and will not be renewing it due to the dodgy laggy nature of xbox live. Pc gaming is just so much more stable, lag free and much better thought out than xbox live imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭JohnMorrissey

I'm on IOLBB and the only time I experience lag is with a bad host, or when the other team is fond of the standby button.

Advertisement