Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McRedmond on radio 1 now

Options
  • 14-02-2005 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭

if you're into that kind of thing, discussing llu ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Missed it unfortunatly, and it isn't up on their site yet. When it's there I'll post it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

My mistake, http://www.rte.ie/rams/radio/latest/Mon/rte-todaywithpatkenny.smil is up.

Two pieces, first starting at 00:50:35 ending at 00:58:20. Second piece starts at 01:08:35 and ends at 01:20:00.

I'll see if i can get an mp3 rip together for people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Am doing now... lemme know if you've started!

Rips of the relevant parts are on the IoffL website in 16Kbps (~2.2MB) and 8Kbps (~1.1MB)

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Mr_Man

IOFFL should contact the producer of the Kenny show and ask to be included in the debate when he invites McRedmond into the studio. I'd be surprised if Eircom would back out of an appearance on the PK show, even if IOFFL were there.

M.

• Advertisement

Isn't there a history of them pulling out (at last minute) of debates when they know IoffL are involved?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Mr_Man wrote:
    IOFFL should contact the producer of the Kenny show and ask to be included in the debate when he invites McRedmond into the studio. I'd be surprised if Eircom would back out of an appearance on the PK show, even if IOFFL were there.

M.

I heard most of the discussion first part with Jamie Smyth of the Irish Times then McRedmond trotting out the corporate line. Kenny said there had been a huge response to the feature and that he'd have to come back to it soon.

If thats not an invite I dunno what is!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Sent in an email to Pat Kenny saying we need our say.

Can everyone that listened to the interview send in their comments to todaypk@rte.ie and refute the guff that McRedmond said. The more comments the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Hre's my take on the interview:

Mr jamie smyth :
    touched on the dialup extortion thing
    touched on the awful copper

Mc Redmond:
    we only want to provide services...not llu
    bb coverage here is better than most other european countries...
    we invest as much as every other telco (200 million)

A lot of "I dont know", "thats interesting".

pat kenny : we've been inundated with calls...we didnt anticipate this

So its your duty to increase the email load:-)

While its all very laudable enabling most of the exchanges, if a vast majority of people in those "enabled" exchanges cannot get bb because the copper is rotten then whats the point (err are too far from the exchange)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

bealtine wrote:
    While its all very laudable enabling most of the exchanges, if a vast majority of people in those "enabled" exchanges cannot get bb because the copper is rotten then whats the point (err are too far from the exchange)?
    The point is maintaining a monopoly in as many areas as possible. If a line doesn't work for broadband that is your problem not theirs. You pay them much the same money either way.

Eircom should not be lauded for this. They are doing it because if they don't then gradually their business will be taken off them by competitors. By upgrading an exchange this makes it less likely to happen. In the long term this might be worse for the people in that area but again, this is not a problem for Eircom.

Eircom say that they want everyone to have broadband. We need to stop believing this. This is not Eircom's goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,397 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

heard a rumour today that eircom will be lowering the line test requirements - don't want to give anyone (including myself ) false hope. but is this the light at the end of the tunnel ? mind you its the only way they'll get their 500000 users?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

damien.m wrote:
    Sent in an email to Pat Kenny saying we need our say.

Can everyone that listened to the interview send in their comments to todaypk@rte.ie and refute the guff that McRedmond said. The more comments the better.

it was read out this morning in case you missed it ...

Advertisement