Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good place to run?

• 14-02-2005 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭

Where's the best place to running in Galway city that is close to the centre i.e. proper running tracks?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭hada

Where's the best place to running in Galway city that is close to the centre i.e. proper running tracks?

Well I used to run from NUIG's aras na mhic leinn (conviently placed beside the college bar) directly to dangain. I'd go tog out in the college's gym, leave my gear in a locker then ran out of the college, out the newcastle road, down around dangan then back through one of the exits and back past corrib village and back to aras na mhic leinn and then into the gym for a light workout. Worked pretty well now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Dangan Sports Grounds, near the Westwood Hotel/IDA Business Park, or you could run the prom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Or run through westside with a bottle of bucky attached to ya....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

or an iPod...or indeed anything shiney or, to use the local parlance, "Fukkin Bling Boss"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭hada

SyxPak wrote:
    or an iPod...or indeed anything shiney or, to use the local parlance, "Fukkin Bling Boss"

at the rate he might as well stand outside doc watsons with a sign around his kneck saying "rob me, i'm rich".. (oh the fun times we had..)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

All hail the rise of the chavs.

Advertisement