Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

on and off

• 14-02-2005 12:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭

has anyone else seen em, i saw them at the voodoo loung supporting reel big fish, anyone know if/where i can get any of their stuff?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Seriously? you can get their recent album in Tower records if you really have to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

OnOff? Have been meaning to get the new album for a while. First one's good, not great. Two or three very good songs on it. Tell me what the new one's like if you get it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

The new album is alot better than the first, in my opinion. But it isn't that great. Perhaps, one or two real good songs.

Anybody else think the singer sounds uber-similar to the singer of Billy Talent?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

quank wrote:
    Anybody else think the singer sounds uber-similar to the singer of Billy Talent?

I'd say more Dead Kennedys myself.

I'm requesting the deletion of this thread solely due to the incredibly p!ss poor nature of the 'band' in question. Songs like "Peter File" pretty much sum up my point.

Ps - Anyone else who knows the band find it strange that someone with an Iron Maiden signature is interested in finding out about them?

(PPS - Their bass player is actually one of the best guitarists I've ever seen. Plus he's an amazing magician)

hang on, are you comparing the singer from the uber poppunk band Onoff to Jello Biafra of the Dead Kennedys?

• Advertisement

From what I've heard of both bands (lots of OnOff, a little of the Dead Kennedys), I would say yes.

lord god in heaven above jesus christ almighty no

Okay I seem to have offended you. I would take it back but I've a train to catch... SORRY!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

A member of the band lives near me, they're bent.

Im not offended,i dont care about the band enough to be. i just dont see the connection at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

They played Whelans the other day afaik.
    I don't like them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 false_monkey

Their singer sounds 100% completely different to Jello Biafa. Not even vaguely close, 1,000,000 miles away. same goes for the Billy Talent singer.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

ShÍt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Well... regardless of how good a singer you all think he is, there is deffinitly a Jello Biafra influnce in his voice.

Ro: maaan! wrote:
    Well... regardless of how good a singer you all think he is, there is deffinitly a Jello Biafra influnce in his voice.

Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

I know the bassist, they're ok. Nothing to write home about.

If you're reading this Gary I'm incredibly sorry, please forgive me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Faddymackshyte

I know the lads pretty well and they are a decent bunch, harmless! I'm not a fan of punk, but they can be amazing performers................when in the mood!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

i only saw them supporting reel big fish, and compared to mixtwitch there good

Both bands are complete and utter SHÍTE.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

bombidol wrote:
    hang on, are you comparing the singer from the uber poppunk band Onoff to Jello Biafra of the Dead Kennedys?

what the ****??
    i saw onoff a few years ago, dont compare him its just silly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭shivface

oh god im so sick of that band, i cant believe they supported reel big fish thats disgraceful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

i cant beleive reel big fish played the voodoo lounge

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Jonathanpbk

does anyone remember what onoff used to be called? i used to see them every saturday back in the [good ol] blast days... they made me cry, they're so bad... they take the piss! same goes for mixtwitch... sorry guys! but honestly, grow up a bit! you can still make funny songs without being completely immature! (<-directed at the band members if they're reading) edit: take "pull my strings" by the dead kennedys for example (seeing as they are on topic here also)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭drummer 666

I've heard of them, not there stuff, they any good?

Why are you asking when alot of opinions have of the band have already been posted. BTW. Veryslowey is in On/Off. Explains alot.

very slowlys not in onoff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

dregin wrote:
    Why are you asking when alot of opinions have of the band have already been posted. BTW. Veryslowey is in On/Off. Explains alot.

That would make sense.

bombidol wrote:
    very slowlys not in onoff!
    I read on thumped that he is. Obviously someone jesting. All apologies.

He'd still fit right in tho ;) He should start a tribute band. Call it. fúck/off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

I don't think anyone in On/Off would post on Thumped. Did you see the thread about them over there? Hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭veryslowey

onoff.jpg

Advertisement