Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Predictions

• 07-08-2000 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

Who do you think will win the league in my view I cant see anybody beating United this year but it will be closer then last year. With Liverpool after spending so much they need to be in the top 3 and since Houllier has joined us he hasn't made one bad signing yet so lets hope he’s new signings turn out to be class wink.gif. Though Arsenal have lost a lot of 1st teams players I think they should hang on to 3rd I don't think Leeds will make the cut this season theirs no fresh faces there and I’m not even sure if they would get into the top 5.

1st Man U (ugh hate typing that)
    2nd Liverpool (maybe a bit boyist they might even win it smile.gif)
    3rd Arsenal

Over all WAN THE POOL

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Not one bad signing by houllier?
    He bought some spanish full back last year i think. Didnt feature at all. but yeah most of his work has been good. Injuries look like they will s<rew liverpool tho.
    gerrard, redknapp and fowler injured for a start, altho i rekon redknapp would be worth selling if they could get 6/7 million for him.
    Also I wonder if richie partrige might get a run out sometime this season?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

Newcastle to finish in the top 5.....there's a good bet to make now

Gan u still owe me £20 btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Liverpool are stronger this season, with some excellent buys to fill out the squad, so far in the pre-season friendlies, barmby, babble & diomede have played v well, losing redknapp isn't that big a blow, and gerrard is only out for a few weeks. diomede & mcallister, and to a lesser extent barmby can cover them in midfield.

midfield was our weakness at the end of last season, its sorted, the defense was the best and with babbel it'll be better, in attack we now have owen, fowler, camara, heskey & barmby, i think we can win the premiership this yr smile.gif

oh and partridge has also impressed in pre-season, might indeed see him in the 1st team squad.

have utd bought anyone? i know they tried to buy that dutch lad, vonbrokenknees, and they bought another keeper, but did they bring anyone else in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Noel Brady

Man Utd will win the Premiership.

And the mighty Blackburn will win the 1st Division, even with Souness for a manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭NakedBibleReadingMan

Liverpool havto win something this year, they havent won anything since the coca-cola cup way back ffs! gwan boyos! and dont talk to me about united. last season was their worst in ages and i reckon its the start of their decline, oh yes. wink.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Emile heskey is not a top class striker. He doesn't score and he doesn't set much up either why liverpool bought him is beyond me.
    Anyway back on topic To win United i dont want them to but they will relegate will be bradford Man City frown.gif and ipswich
    Sheffield wednesday ae going to division2 btw way smile.gif

F00K THOSE SNIPERS WHO STEAL OUR GRENADES AND HAVE SNIPER WARS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Sorry lads but write Arsenal off at your peril this year. I think Utd have got themselves another donkey with Bartez and with Davy looking for more wads I think Alexs Empire is starting to crumble, and hopefully Man City will take a few points off em as well. Liverpool will be serious contenders this year as Houllier has made some great signings.

Sheron I haven't forgotten about the £20.00 as I said next time theres a meet I'll pay you. As for Newcastle finishing in the top 5 dream on, maybe the bottom 5. smile.gif

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Originally posted by gandalf:
    As for Newcastle finishing in the top 5 dream on, maybe the bottom 5. smile.gif

Gandalf.

Care to place a wager on that one Gandy?? smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Take it

Spurs look pritty good to sullivan in goal Cambell, Carr and Ben Thatcher at the back and they signed some striker thats ment to be good aswell maybe top 5 for them?

[This message has been edited by Take it (edited 10-08-2000).]

Advertisement