Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderaters on Wrestling board

Options
  • 14-02-2005 12:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

Are they alive?.......
    if not,
    Can we get a new one?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Didn't ye guys already get a new one? Or am I confusing it with another board?

Looks like the lifespan on Wrestling mods is pretty short.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

still here. not a lot happening on the board, nothing reported in a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

It would be nice to see a bit of mod 'action' though esp with the amount of spammers there, and blatant trolls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

yeah there was a troll just there flaming away at me.......

what can i do.....

so anyways it seems that all the past moderaters for that particular forum havent got any interest in the topic whatsoever, theyre never there.....

can we change it to someone who does give a <censored>......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Did you report the posts?

• Advertisement

yes i did, now the thread that contained it all was deleted.....

i received about 5 reports a few hours ago all within 5 mins of each other. the thread has been looked after.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

People should report threads, but in practice they rarely do. As a mod you need to read the board anyway, don't only rely on reported posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

In that particular forum there are too many muppets anyways. Gone are the days where there are many intelligent posts. It just seems to be getting over-run by kids saying one line posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

I'm in agreement on this, I don't think the mods are doing their jobs properly and it's affecting the wrestling board as a whole. If the mods are not interested enough to properly manage the board then may I suggest they step aside and let someone who is interested take their place. I'm not saying this while waiting for someone else to step up, I'll do it myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

well, have you ever thought that the mods might just be caught in a half-nelson hold and unable to mod right at this moment in time?

huh?

did you think about that?

well, have you ever thought that the mods might just be caught in a half-nelson hold and unable to mod right at this moment in time?

huh?

Having considered your suggestion I don't think it's plausible that a half-nelson would prevent a moderator from doing there job as they would still have one free hand to type with. Unless of course you're talking about a full-nelson, in which case I understand completely. Perhaps you should save your insights for another thread, they're really not needed here.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

huh?

And they call themselves wrestling fans...

It's a good thing you're there to step up and fight the good fight Despatch. Where would The Rock be without his millions - and MILLIONS - of fans?

Despatch wrote:
    Having considered your suggestion I don't think it's plausible that a half-nelson would prevent a moderator from doing there job as they would still have one free hand to type with. Unless of course you're talking about a full-nelson, in which case I understand completely. Perhaps you should save your insights for another thread, they're really not needed here.

who said they were near a pc when they were in this hold?

jesus, think before you post will you?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Despatch wrote:

Good grief, is that you Seanytwat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭The Fitz

I for one would like to see a new moderator elected, they really don't seem to care anymore.

All messing aside - is anyone going to take responsibility and sort out a new mod? I don't care if it's not me, just anyone who will take the time to do the job properly.

agreed

how about it despatch, give it a go

ok, I vote for me too :)

I would like to be known as 'General Manager' though if that's ok with the rest of you :P

• Advertisement

Despatch wrote:
    All messing aside - is anyone going to take responsibility and sort out a new mod? I don't care if it's not me, just anyone who will take the time to do the job properly.

C'mon now, answer the question.

I love the way theres a townsfolk rebellion every few months on the wrestling board.
    "the mods are crap, ill do it instead"
    "we need someone else, I think i could do a better job"
    "new mod! Ill put myself forward to do it"

For some reason "Ze Kids" seem to think being the mod of a wrestling forum makes them Elite.
    I take care of any problems reported to me, more than meets the eye believe me.
    I dont read every thread because not every thread interests me. But i do read most of em.
    If you want to post in a heavily modded, heavily edited police state of a forum. go somewhere else. You'll be back in a week.

Despatch wrote:
    ok, I vote for me too :)

I would like to be known as 'General Manager' though if that's ok with the rest of you :P
    GM despatch, has a ring to it, how about you take raw, ill take smackdown

bombidol wrote:
    I love the way theres a townsfolk rebellion every few months on the wrestling board.
    "the mods are crap, ill do it instead"
    "we need someone else, I think i could do a better job"
    "new mod! Ill put myself forward to do it"

For some reason "Ze Kids" seem to think being the mod of a wrestling forum makes them Elite.
    I take care of any problems reported to me, more than meets the eye believe me.
    I dont read every thread because not every thread interests me. But i do read most of em.
    If you want to post in a heavily modded, heavily edited police state of a forum. go somewhere else. You'll be back in a week.

First off, I'm not a kid I'm 27 years old. If you are not reading every thread you are not doing your job properly. Nobody wants the board to be heavily modded, just modded correctly, i.e. not deleteing an entire thread because of one or two wayward posts. Nobody is suggesting that you can't be a mod any more, just that we need a more active and interested mod.

fitzer666 wrote:
    GM despatch, has a ring to it, how about you take raw, ill take smackdown

Damn right I'm taking RAW :)

bombidol wrote:

This is them, back in a week. They throw a tantrum about how boards is **** and the wrestling board is crap when they're not getting their own way and then leave and after a few days they want to use it again but they won't admit that they've returned so they sign up a new account and play a bit of makebelieve and hope that nobody will notice that some supposed newbie is acting in exactly the same idiotic manner as before.

Elections my arse. Get a new hobby horse.

ecksor wrote:
    C'mon now, answer the question.

what question?

ecksor wrote:
    This is them, back in a week. They throw a tantrum about how boards is **** and the wrestling board is crap when they're not getting their own way and then leave and after a few days they want to use it again but they won't admit that they've returned so they sign up a new account and play a bit of makebelieve and hope that nobody will notice that some supposed newbie is acting in exactly the same idiotic manner as before.

Elections my arse. Get a new hobby horse.

now that, is a SMACKDOWN!

biatches!

Name and shame on the old usernames? that rhymes!

• Advertisement

If it is not clear to you ecksor, that we need a new moderator i dont know how else to put it, we have people coming in and giving out about how fake it is all the time, we know it already but we still like it

Advertisement