Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderaters on Wrestling board

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

ecksor wrote:
    This is them, back in a week. They throw a tantrum about how boards is **** and the wrestling board is crap when they're not getting their own way and then leave and after a few days they want to use it again but they won't admit that they've returned so they sign up a new account and play a bit of makebelieve and hope that nobody will notice that some supposed newbie is acting in exactly the same idiotic manner as before.

Elections my arse. Get a new hobby horse.

Sorry to burst you bubble but I am relatively new here and have never had any other account on this site. Nobody is saying that boards is **** but we need a moderator who will actively try to improve and promote the group, not just drop in every now and then to threaten us and make sure we are all kept in line. I don't want this to become a pointless row between the board users and the mods. Please listen to what we are saying without assuming that we are all idiots or refering to us as idiots. I've been respectful towards everyone so far and I would like to think that you could do the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

theres too many trolls on the board an extra mod isnt too much to ask for is it?
    itll make it easier for all

now that, is a SMACKDOWN!

biatches!

It's this kind of bull**** that makes it impossible to have a civilised discussion with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

No previous account, then it's unlikely they'll make you mod of the board, you've only been here a month.

we dont need to get rid of anyone, just add another.......someone whos there all the time...... like jesus..... hes everywhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Despatch wrote:
    I've been respectful towards everyone so far and I would like to think that you could do the same.

i dont think you were resepectful to me to be honest.

you treated me like some cretrin because i made a joke about wrestling.
    if thats your attitude towards your subject in the feedback forum, then i dread to think what sort of totalitarian state youd make the wresteling forum into.

as far as i can see, there are a small number of people who just continually complain in that forum, and i see no reason why the modship should change.
    i havent seen a decent argument as to why the mods there are not good enough.

put that forward in a non whinging way and maybe someone will listen to you.

besides, i have my own mask, i think i should be mod of thwe wrestleing forum. ive played all the games, was a big fan of randy 'macho man' savage and have seen all the wrestlemania programs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭The Fitz

Im on it every spare moment I ger, although i like to have a social life as well, so i could be a part time mod.

fitzer666 wrote:
    Im on it every spare moment I ger, although i like to have a social life as well, so i could be a part time mod.

thats the problem now isnt it? the part time ness of it all?

I see many a mod. that should be considered part-time, if despatch wants to be mod full time then problem solved, we could both do it.

just make some existing mod who has a vague interest in the subject a mod of this forum as well.
    theres far too many mods as it is.
    jesus, its not some elite status thing. more often than not, its a pain in the ass listening to some people around here whinging.

• Advertisement

i dont think you were resepectful to me to be honest.

you treated me like some cretrin because i made a joke about wrestling.
    if thats your attitude towards your subject in the feedback forum, then i dread to think what sort of totalitarian state youd make the wresteling forum into.

as far as i can see, there are a small number of people who just continually complain in that forum, and i see no reason why the modship should change.
    i havent seen a decent argument as to why the mods there are not good enough.

put that forward in a non whinging way and maybe someone will listen to you.

besides, i have my own mask, i think i should be mod of thwe wrestleing forum. ive played all the games, was a big fan of randy 'macho man' savage and have seen all the wrestlemania programs.

Well it doesn't help that when we make a request for a new mod all we get from you is the usual response, taking the p***! Perhaps if the people who constantly complain had someone to complain to who actually did something and was interested in their opinions then they would not complain so much. How can you say that you have not seen a decent argument as to why the mods are not good enough when we have explained the problems that we are having?

jesus christ

just pick a damn mod and end this

koneko wrote:
    No previous account, then it's unlikely they'll make you mod of the board, you've only been here a month.

Sounds like Catch 22 to me.

in what way?

in what way?

In that he can either

a) live with the fact he's new and won't be made mod, or
    b) expose his second account and risk the wrath of ecksy

koneko wrote:
    In that he can either

lol, oo arr its a dilly of a pickle

lets get someone else then

in what way?

Well I'm not someone who had a previous account here and I've only been here about a month so I might not be considered for moderator. Then again if I was someone who had a previous account I also wouldn't be considered would I?

well ive never had a previous account either, does that mean i dont?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

AlcoholicA wrote:
    jesus christ

just pick a damn mod and end this

Who said you were getting a new moderator in the first place?
    you need to chill out and wait. the Administrators will decide if its needed not you. The point has been brought up and will be discussed. so all these back and forth posts are pointless, The idea will be dismissed if people keep going on like kids

I reckon give him a trial run, me also, if it doesn't work out then fine.

• Advertisement

koneko wrote:
    In that he can either

For the record - I have no second account.

bombidol wrote:
    you need to chill out and wait. the Administrators will decide if its needed not you. The point has been brought up and will be discussed. so all these back and forth posts are pointless, The idea will be dismissed if people keep going on like kids

hence the end this part.

bombidol wrote:

Ok thanks for considering the idea - I eagerly await your response!

AlcoholicA wrote:
    well ive never had a previous account either, does that mean i dont?

You've been around longer than he has. Admins generally don't like to appoint people that haven't been around a while.

If he had a previous account, and had it for a genuine reason, then he would have been around longer. Obviously if he had a second account, and had it for dodgy reasons, then he wouldn't be considered.

My point is though he hasn't been around for very long at all (should have phrased that better).

thanks for taking it into consideration

by the way, since there are no root moderators for sports, id like to put myself forward for this position.
    then, that would mean that there is an additional mod in the wrestling forum, and everyone would be happy
    :)

Everyone wouldn't be happy - we want someone who has an interest in the topic and we have several suitable candidates already thanks.

like you?

and what makes you hink i dont have an interest?

you see, you are very quick to just dismiss people for some reason. i dont think you would make a good mod. nor do i think any of your chums would make good mode either.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Kio

well i have never seen you on the wrestling forum in any thread
    so i ask you this who is the champ at the moment

• Advertisement

like you?

and what makes you hink i dont have an interest?

you see, you are very quick to just dismiss people for some reason. i dont think you would make a good mod. nor do i think any of your chums would make good mode either.

... i hope i amn't bring referred to as a chum, I started this thread due to a problem i seen, not to start any kind of an argument.

Advertisement