Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderaters on Wrestling board

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Kio

im sick of this we didn't want hanza to quit he was a good mod when he was on all we wanted was an extra mod i understand that hanza is away alot training,wrestling but thats why we needed an extra mod not replace the current mods just some one who is not on a power trip thank you

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Despatch wrote:
    Well I'm not someone who had a previous account here and I've only been here about a month so I might not be considered for moderator. Then again if I was someone who had a previous account I also wouldn't be considered would I?

What you don't seem to grasp is that none of you are being considered. I wouldn't consider you or fitzer666 in a fit.

In fact, nobody has actually made a convincing argument that the forum needs a new moderator. Feel free to build a case, but I suspect you either don't have one or don't know how to.

Kio wrote:
    im sick of this we didn't want hanza to quit he was a good mod when he was on all we wanted was an extra mod i understand that hanza is away alot training,wrestling but thats why we needed an extra mod not replace the current mods just some one who is not on a power trip thank you

He might be on some sort of trip, but it wouldn't be a power trip. I think his trip is more to do with making a point.

I modded wrestling for a little while the last time this came up, and I'll admit that a better knowledge of wrestling would have helped a little, but you pick up the main problems of a given forum pretty quickly with the aid of the regular users, and after that moderation is moderation and he happens to have done quite a bit of that before so he is certainly a suitable candidate for the job.

Incidentally, there was a load of grief hurled around when I put Hanza in as mod, so I'm glad to see that you thought he was a good one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

im sure any regular user of the wrestling forum will agree there are too many trolls and flamers posting there.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

AlcoholicA wrote:
    im sure any regular user of the wrestling forum will agree there are too many trolls and flamers posting there.....

You don't need knowledge of wrestling to tackle flaming and trolling. A cat mod would do the job quite well (although, Sports is a massive category).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Despatch wrote:
    If you are not reading every thread you are not doing your job properly.

Get real, nobody is going to have the time to read every post on a board. We're not full time employees of boards.ie you know.

AlcoholicA wrote:

Give examples.

Makaveli wrote:
    Get real, nobody is going to have the time to read every post on a board. We're not full time employees of boards.ie you know.

...... :o

ecksor wrote:
    Give examples.

since the reports were made the whole threads have been deleted/removed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

like you?

and what makes you hink i dont have an interest?

you see, you are very quick to just dismiss people for some reason. i dont think you would make a good mod. nor do i think any of your chums would make good mode either.

Perhaps me but more likely someone else.

The reason I don't think you have an interest is because so far all you have done is firstly, make a joke of the issue and since then you have just been generally adopting an obstructionist position towards the boards users who want a new moderator. You're very quick to dismiss people too.

• Advertisement

ecksor wrote:
    He might be on some sort of trip, but it wouldn't be a power trip. I think his trip is more to do with making a point.

I modded wrestling for a little while the last time this came up, and I'll admit that a better knowledge of wrestling would have helped a little, but you pick up the main problems of a given forum pretty quickly with the aid of the regular users, and after that moderation is moderation and he happens to have done quite a bit of that before so he is certainly a suitable candidate for the job.

Incidentally, there was a load of grief hurled around when I put Hanza in as mod, so I'm glad to see that you thought he was a good one.

i wasn't talking about hanza with a power trip

Makaveli wrote:

There's not that many posts so it's easy to read them all if you are a regular visitor....

ecksor wrote:
    What you don't seem to grasp is that none of you are being considered. I wouldn't consider you or fitzer666 in a fit.

In fact, nobody has actually made a convincing argument that the forum needs a new moderator. Feel free to build a case, but I suspect you either don't have one or don't know how to.

It's like talking to a wall. We have already clearly stated our case. Also, as I already said, I don't care who the new mod is so long as he has an interest in the subject, visits regularly and contributes to the group.

Kio wrote:
    i wasn't talking about hanza with a power trip

I was talking about WWM which is who I thought you were talking about.

AlcoholicA wrote:
    since the reports were made the whole threads have been deleted/removed.

Well then you need to be more specific. You can't say that the mod isn't doing anything and then say you have no examples because the mod did something about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Despatch wrote:
    Perhaps me but more likely someone else.

The reason I don't think you have an interest is because so far all you have done is firstly, make a joke of the issue and since then you have just been generally adopting an obstructionist position towards the boards users who want a new moderator. You're very quick to dismiss people too.

no, i have been here longer and know the status quo.
    you on the other hand, are just a babe....

and a very angsty one too.

if you regard simple questioning and a stance different from yours as an obstuctionist position, then i think you may well want to redefine your definition of deabte.
    if i slapped you on the back, and posted up that you and your friends should all be made mods simply because you feel there is a problem, would you say my poition was more positive, and would you like me a little more and respect my opinion? or are you able to hold an unbiased discussion where your opinion isnt validated by everyone else?
    because really, thats what being a mod is about. its about moderating a forum, not being able to give an opinion on every subject passonately. and wrestleing is an opinion based forum. its about discussion. its not areally a lot of fact in there, is there?

personally, i think youd make a sucky mod. but thats me, and sure, im a nobody :)

Despatch wrote:
    It's like talking to a wall.

Indeed!
    We have already clearly stated our case.

You haven't, but the thread starter is starting to engage in that so that's something.

Firstly, lets clear this up. I started this thread to highlight I problem I seen on the wrestling board, the moderaters, which i have nothing against - are clearly busy etc etc. and therefore with the amount of trolls and posters leaving negative and unwanted comments in general I felt it would be very beneficial to instate a third moderater.

This thread was not created to debate who should be a moderater nor to argue with people or debate the fact that one is needed, thats for admins to decide. I felt there was a problem so I addressed it by posting here to highlight the problem to admins and moderaters etc. Now that I think we are all fully aware of the matter, we can hopefully come to sort of arrangement...?

Despatch wrote:
    It's like talking to a wall. We have already clearly stated our case. Also, as I already said, I don't care who the new mod is so long as he has an interest in the subject, visits regularly and contributes to the group.

well, this sit he second time youve been asked to state your case clearly, and you still insist you have already done so.

im not sure i understand what you are on about.

so for the sake of overstating it, can you please give the case again, so that we may all understand it, and not have to piece it together from several disjointed posts from several different people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭NinjaBart

ekscor why not just get nero to be mod. he is a bit of a muppet but he knows about wrestling and hes obviously ppoular cos he was elected mod last time.

• Advertisement

AlcoholicA wrote:
    Firstly, lets clear this up. I started this thread to highlight I problem I seen on the wrestling board, the moderaters, which i have nothing against - are clearly busy etc etc. and therefore with the amount of trolls and posters leaving negative and unwanted comments in general I felt it would be very beneficial to instate a third moderater.

And I have no problem with you starting this thread or the way you have posted in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Ok folks time to rap this up. The facts are this.
    Me and hanza are the mods of the wrestling board. Big whupity doo... Means nothing. If posts are reported to us then they get taken care of. if they arent reported to us, theres a good chance we wont know theres something wrong. We cannot read every post. its that simple.
    This Thread is 5 pages long, no other thread in Feedback is this big. Its childish.
    You have NO RIGHTS on boards.ie, you are a visitor, you are using their services as are we (the mods).
    I seriously think that if this childish behaviour continues theres a chance the forum itself will be shut down for being more hassle than its worth.
    5 Pages long is a silly amount for a request.
    You have been told that its under consideration by the Admins (not the mods) Leave it there and go back the wrestling board.

well, this sit he second time youve been asked to state your case clearly, and you still insist you have already done so.

im not sure i understand what you are on about.

so for the sake of overstating it, can you please give the case again, so that we may all understand it, and not have to piece it together from several disjointed posts from several different people?

I think AlcoholicA has stated it clearly just above your message.

bombidol wrote:
    Me and hanza are the mods of the wrestling board. Big whupity doo... Means nothing. If posts are reported to us then they get taken care of. if they arent reported to us, theres a good chance we wont know theres something wrong. We cannot read every post. its that simple.
    This Thread is 5 pages long, no other thread in Feedback is this big. Its childish.
    You have NO RIGHTS on boards.ie, you are a visitor, you are using their services as are we (the mods).
    I seriously think that if this childish behaviour continues theres a chance the forum itself will be shut down for being more hassle than its worth.
    You have been told that its under consideration by the Admins (not the mods) Leave it there and go back the wrestling board.

I agree there is no need for it to be 5 pages long, I started this (for reasons stated above) and I've stated what I felt I needed to, and thats that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

well ive put my name forward before so ill put it forward again

Ive moderated wrestling boards before, not the one here and ive had zero tolerance for muppets and dealt with them accordingly

I have a keen interest in wrestling and am posting regularly on the wrestling boards, i have seen the idiocy thats been on the wrestling boards lately, and have lamented the fact that the 2 appointed mods are to busy with training wrestling etc etc to mod the board on a regular basis

So i believe ive stated my case tis upto you people to decide

If nobody wants me in the running then fine, my vote would also goto nero

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭NinjaBart

bombidol wrote:

not the voice of reason! this is like the US elections all over again. The peoples choice just didn't get in :rolleyes:

bombidol wrote:

so no rights on boards.ie fine but JUST visitors i haven't been here long but still i think that if all the
    bombidol wrote:
    visitors
    left that the point of having a web site would be useless so we the visitors are what makes the site

Despatch wrote:
    I think AlcoholicA has stated it clearly just above your message.

ahhh, becuase you know, the orginal point of this thread was asking if the mods were still alive.

they came back and said they were, and you have escalated it, and with a little bit of support, appears to have turned into a witch hunt against the current mods.

in fact, the last thread i saw said something about those mods shouldnt be there (based on the George w comment)

ahhh, becuase you know, the orginal point of this thread was asking if the mods were still alive.

they came back and said they were, and you have escalated it, and with a little bit of support, appears to have turned into a witch hunt against the current mods.

in fact, the last thread i saw said something about those mods shouldnt be there (based on the George w comment)

I never in anyway said anything negative about the mods or in anyway promoted anyone else to do so. And I didn't escalate anything.

• Advertisement

I never said they shouldn't be there and never called for anyone to resign either. Part of the problem was that when the mods did come back they deleted an entire thread. May I ask was this really necessary? Could the offending posts not simply have been removed and the user reprimanded?

Advertisement