Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderaters on Wrestling board

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭The Fitz

AlcoholicA wrote:
    Firstly, lets clear this up. I started this thread to highlight I problem I seen on the wrestling board, the moderaters, which i have nothing against - are clearly busy etc etc. and therefore with the amount of trolls and posters leaving negative and unwanted comments in general I felt it would be very beneficial to instate a third moderater.

This thread was not created to debate who should be a moderater nor to argue with people or debate the fact that one is needed, thats for admins to decide. I felt there was a problem so I addressed it by posting here to highlight the problem to admins and moderaters etc. Now that I think we are all fully aware of the matter, we can hopefully come to sort of arrangement...?
    exactly what ive been tryin to prove, we just need a third one, i wasn't saying anyone should step down hanza took it too far

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

godgivenright.jpgnewnicksamecrap.jpgtirelessrebutter.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Cult sure loves those Gathering Cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

I never in anyway said anything negative about the mods or in anyway promoted anyone else to do so. And I didn't escalate anything.

im not saying you did. i never mentioned you, unless you wish to add yourself to the generalisation of despatch's list of friends.

of course, with generalisations, there are always exceptions tot he rule, so you may catagorise yourself in there if you wish as well.

i was simply pointing out that despatch and some others (his friends i shall call them, although they may or not be, either way, im not too worried) seem to have escalted a simple request as to the activity level on the wrestling board of the moderators.
    and thats fine. i dont think anyone would argue that if there is muppetry going on, then there may be some level of moderation needed above that which is currently being used (for whatever reasons, the mod may have exams etc).

what i dont like is this little lynch mob has started up and suddenly are looking to topple the government, are patting each other on the back and busy installing a new leader of the working classes, without realising that a) the descision isnt theres to make, and b) none of them will be that person anyway, and c) this exact thread has been repeated so many times, its nearly boring at this stage, over different forums.

so, with these thoughts in mind, the admins will no doubt look at this, look at the mods in question, and wonder if there really is a problem, or is it just these people who cry anarchy in the wrestling forum, and actually cause anarchy in this thread, are the problem, or whether or not there is actually a real problem in the first place.
    if you know what i mean.

so, going back top your original question, of whether or not there is an active mod, do you have a problem with the mod being active, and responding to people like you who report posts, or do you feel that a mod should be on constant police watch on a forum that does not have a massive l,oad of traffic, but enough that interesting, lively and topic debate should take place?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

I dont get it Cult, Are you saying we are all whining about nothing,
    Cause your right

• Advertisement

Despatch wrote:
    I never said they shouldn't be there and never called for anyone to resign either. Part of the problem was that when the mods did come back they deleted an entire thread. May I ask was this really necessary? Could the offending posts not simply have been removed and the user reprimanded?

what, it took you 3 pages to get around to saying this?

youre like one of those annoying little yipping terrier dogs that bounce up and down at peoples ankles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

im not saying you did. i never mentioned you, unless you wish to add yourself to the generalisation of despatch's list of friends.

of course, with generalisations, there are always exceptions tot he rule, so you may catagorise yourself in there if you wish as well.

Apologies, It's just my name was mentioned in the Quote, and so I therefore assumed you were referring to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

what, it took you 3 pages to get around to saying this?

youre like one of those annoying little yipping terrier dogs that bounce up and down at peoples ankles.

It may have taken 3 pages because when I first expressed my feeling that there was a problem you made a joke of it.

Now, are you going to answer my previous questions or continue to try to insult me?

Despatch wrote:
    It may have taken 3 pages because when I first expressed my feeling that there was a problem you made a joke of it.

Now, are you going to answer my previous questions or continue to try to insult me?

Can we forget the insults and keep on the original topic?

Look look it's a teacup

[_]D

Tune in tomorrow to find out what's happening inside this little teacup
    Could it be a storm? Who knows!
    Same battime - Same batchannel

• Advertisement

stalfos wrote:
    I dont get it Cult, Are you saying we are all whining about nothing,
    Cause your right
    Well, not so much that as that this is a common enough recurrence for somebody to have taken the time to make up a series of playing cards for it.

It's an attempt to visually knock sense into them because words obviously have no effect.

[Edit] I <3 koneko, LET US ELOPE! [/Edit]

Despatch wrote:

thats not insulting.

what were your questions?

Despatch wrote:
    I never said they shouldn't be there and never called for anyone to resign either. Part of the problem was that when the mods did come back they deleted an entire thread. May I ask was this really necessary? Could the offending posts not simply have been removed and the user reprimanded?

See above.

CuLT wrote:

Um... I'll have to get back to you on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

6 pages children! 6 bloody pages! Your penis gets smaller everytime you post in this thread, did you know that??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

CuLT wrote:
    Well, not so much that as that this is a common enough recurrence for somebody to have taken the time to make up a series of playing cards for it.

It's an attempt to visually knock sense into them because words obviously have no effect.

Yeah, shame it didnt work cause there still off topic and arguing. Good try though

Ok , The point(s) were made, can we all stop it now and leave this thread.

Despatch, etc everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Kio

gone

AlcoholicA wrote:
    Ok , The point(s) were made, can we all stop it now and leave this thread.

Despatch, etc everyone else.

Sorry but I was asked to repeat my question from earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Kio wrote:
    gone
    ROFL!

• Advertisement

the moderator can deal with it any way he wants. if he feels the whole thread has been trashed, then he has every right to delete.

personally i wouldnt, but i have a different style than most other mods.

so the whole basis of you picking new moderators was based on one of the moderators deleting a thread and you feel the offending posts should just have been removed?

the moderator can deal with it any way he wants. if he feels the whole thread has been trashed, then he has every right to delete.

personally i wouldnt, but i have a different style than most other mods.

so the whole basis of you picking new moderators was based on one of the moderators deleting a thread and you feel the offending posts should just have been removed?

Pretty much, I thought it was a lazy way to deal with it and didn't show any real regard for the boards regular visitors. Given that the moderator doesn't visit much, I thought it was a bit like trying to crack a walnut with a sledgehammer. Thanks for answering my questions.

and unfortunately, we are all allowed to have opinions.

youre welcome for the answer though.

gosh, see how nice and easy it is folks when you just forward your question in the first place without shouting and yelling?

i hope we have all learned something important here today.
    that i am always right.

and that puns must be employed at every opportunity.

unlike that hulking lug ecksor who like to think he has a strangle hold on everything around here...

and unfortunately, we are all allowed to have opinions.

youre welcome for the answer though.

gosh, see how nice and easy it is folks when you just forward your question in the first place without shouting and yelling?

i hope we have all learned something important here today.
    that i am always right.

and that puns must be employed at every opportunity.

unlike that hulking lug ecksor who like to think he has a strangle hold on everything around here...
    And that's the bottom line!

AlcoholicA stated that the thread had been deleted in the 7th post on the FIRST PAGE of this thread. I assume you missed that.

Despatch wrote:
    AlcoholicA stated that the thread had been deleted in the 7th post on the FIRST PAGE of this thread. I assume you missed that.

as those immortal gentlemen reeves and mortimor said, 'you wouldnt let it lie....'

ok.
    he said the thread was deleted. so what?

what has been your contribution to this entire thread. its taken you over a hundred posts to actually say you wondered why the thread was deleted instead of some posts deleted.
    in between, you have voted yourself in as new moderator, voted some other people in as new moderators and not really contributed much except to avoid any sort of answer to any questions put to you by either myself or ecksor (whom i see has left this thread from embarassment)

what are you still doing here.
    the show is over.
    theres an old guy sweeping the stage man.
    the house lights are up full, and there will be no more encores.

a thread was deleted. the mod has the right to do that. it is the only example you have given of this happening?
    you want to change the way the forum is over one issue, becuase you are demanding your right to verbalize it on a bullitan board?
    seriously, what is your aim here, because im really failing to see it?

oh, and to top it off, you have nio sense of humour, and to be on the internet without a sense of humour is a banning offence in my book.
    if i was the internet police buddy, id give you the smackdown

As I just said, the problems were established by the 7th post on the first page. It was your dismissive responses that triggered all of this. If you had said this morning, that you would just look into the matter instead of treating me like an idiot and making light of the subject we wouldn't have got this far.

"If you had said this morning, that you would just look into the matter instead of treating me like an idiot and making light of the subject we wouldn't have got this far."

Whitewashman isn't an admin, there isn't much "looking into it" he can do. It's up to the admins, as I've already said.

koneko wrote:
    "If you had said this morning, that you would just look into the matter instead of treating me like an idiot and making light of the subject we wouldn't have got this far."

Whitewashman isn't an admin, there isn't much "looking into it" he can do. It's up to the admins, as I've already said.

That's fine, but if Whitewashman isn't an admin then why is he wasting his time on this thread in the first place?

• Advertisement

Despatch wrote:
    As I just said, the problems were established by the 7th post on the first page. It was your dismissive responses that triggered all of this. If you had said this morning, that you would just look into the matter instead of treating me like an idiot and making light of the subject we wouldn't have got this far.

but, you are an idiot.

and anything i say on the matter is my opinion, and my opinion alone.
    i am not an admin. i cant say 'walla' and everything is fixed. i dont install mods, or take away modships.
    i mod a few boards, and i do it well. after that, im just a poster who posts his opinions. if you dont like them, sorry. i looked at the matter, and from my point of view, youare trying to have a little coup in the wrestling forum, and the inly muppetry i see is coming from mostly you and some other fools.

by the way, you dont have to be a mod to post up news and stuff ina forum. why you feel that its a mods job is beyond me.
    no, if a mod is needed, it wont be any of you lot. but a catagory mod is needed, and that will add your additional mod, whoever it may be.

this isnt a democracy. you do not get 'a say', and youre opinion counts for diddly squat in the greater scheme of things. especially if you cant at least put together a cohesive argument that doesnt take 100 posts to get through (like some sort of after thought).

you may want to talk to ecksor though. hes important ;)

Advertisement