Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderaters on Wrestling board

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Despatch wrote:
    That's fine, but if Whitewashman isn't an admin then why is he wasting his time on this thread in the first place?

im bored, and youre fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

but, you are an idiot.

and anything i say on the matter is my opinion, and my opinion alone.
    i am not an admin. i cant say 'walla' and everything is fixed. i dont install mods, or take away modships.
    i mod a few boards, and i do it well. after that, im just a poster who posts his opinions. if you dont like them, sorry. i looked at the matter, and from my point of view, youare trying to have a little coup in the wrestling forum, and the inly muppetry i see is coming from mostly you and some other fools.

by the way, you dont have to be a mod to post up news and stuff ina forum. why you feel that its a mods job is beyond me.
    no, if a mod is needed, it wont be any of you lot. but a catagory mod is needed, and that will add your additional mod, whoever it may be.

this isnt a democracy. you do not get 'a say', and youre opinion counts for diddly squat in the greater scheme of things. especially if you cant at least put together a cohesive argument that doesnt take 100 posts to get through (like some sort of after thought).

you may want to talk to ecksor though. hes important ;)

Considering everything you just said and everything you have said throughout this thread, I'm left wondering what the hell any of this has got to do with you? Why don't you just stay out of it? You have written more on this thread today than anyone else yet you have no actual interest. You also seem to be trying to incite me into a slagging match with you but I won't lower myself to join in thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭NinjaBart

Despatch wrote:
    Considering everything you just said and everything you have said throughout this thread, I'm left wondering what the hell any of this has got to do with you? Why don't you just stay out of it? You have written more on this thread today than anyone else yet you have no actual interest. You also seem to be trying to incite me into a slagging match with you but I won't lower myself to join in thanks.

I asume because he, unlike you, is a mod, has been around for ages and is pretty much respected by the admins and ppeople.

what do you expect coming here like ya own the shop. Its a pity Nero wouldnt come back. he might make a good catgeory mod

NinjaBart wrote:
    I asume because he, unlike you, is a mod, has been around for ages and is pretty much respected by the admins and ppeople.

what do you expect coming here like ya own the shop. Its a pity Nero wouldnt come back. he might make a good catgeory mod

That's all well and good but perhaps it would have been better if Whitewashman had simply stayed out of this and let the relavant people deal with it don't you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Despatch wrote:
    That's all well and good but perhaps it would have been better if Whitewashman had simply stayed out of this and let the relavant people deal with it don't you think?

Who might the relevant people be, in your opinion?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Despatch, I will consider this when I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Despatch wrote:

Yes, I agree, he really shouldn't be allowed express an opinion.

I think we should stage a coup and take over all of boards.ie and kick out people like WWM and their silly opinions.

syke wrote:
    Who might the relevant people be, in your opinion?

What does that matter? If Whitewashman is not relevant then why is he so interested?

koneko wrote:

I think we should stage a coup and take over all of boards.ie and kick out people like WWM and their silly opinions.

Isn't it funny how history moves in circles?

Dictators staging winter attacks on Russia.

Falling of great empires from within.

Newbies(*WINK*) wanting to mod wrestling.

Its like we dance the same dance over and over.....

Despatch wrote:
    What does that matter? If Whitewashman is not relevant then why is he so interested?

I would argue that he's every bit as relevant as you in the matter, probably more so. His account will last longer.

• Advertisement

koneko wrote:

I'm not saying that he shouldn't be allowed to express an opinion. I just wonder why he dragged this out for so long and then complains about how long it's been going on for!

Yes, I see now, it is destined to happen. If not now, soon.

Then we shall foxtrot in the moonlight to celebrate.

syke wrote:
    I would argue that he's every bit as relevant as you in the matter, probably more so. His account will last longer.

How is he relevant when he doesn't visit the board in question and he is also not in a position to appoint a mod?

koneko wrote:
    Yes, I see now, it is destined to happen. If not now, soon.

Then we shall foxtrot in the moonlight to celebrate.

Sure, you can meet me after my anger management therapy ;)

Despatch wrote:
    How is he relevant when he doesn't visit the board in question and he is also not in a position to appoint a mod?

He's part of the furniture. He knows the way boards works, and offered his opinion based on that. You've been here a month (wink wink), so you wouldn't know so much about boards. Welcome the insight of those who are here longer.

syke wrote:
    Sure, you can meet me after my anger management therapy ;)

Ok but only after I take my brain medicine. And stop shouting at me!

Despatch wrote:

How do you know he doesn't? He might do. Did he say he doesn't?
    I still wouldn't believe that, he tends to lie.

He may not be in a position to appoint a mod, but he may be in a position to have his opinion heard by the admins.

To be perfectly honest, I reckon he's just been using you for amusement.

I can't say I blame him. This thread, your posting style, it all seems so deja vu.

Now, would that be a bannable offense?

koneko wrote:
    He's part of the furniture. He knows the way boards works, and offered his opinion based on that. You've been here a month (wink wink), so you wouldn't know so much about boards. Welcome the insight of those who are here longer.

For the last time, I had no previous account. I am however, very familiar with the operation of other 'boards'.

Does Whitewashman consider it his place to regularly butt in on conversations that have nothing to do with him? Maybe you can tell me, you seem to know him.

syke wrote:
    How do you know he doesn't? He might do. Did he say he doesn't?
    I still wouldn't believe that, he tends to lie.

He may not be in a position to appoint a mod, but he may be in a position to have his opinion heard by the admins.

To be perfectly honest, I reckon he's just been using you for amusement.

I can't say I blame him. This thread, your posting style, it all seems so deja vu.

Now, would that be a bannable offense?

Well he doesn't post in the wrestling board does he?

If this has been amusing for Whitewashman I really pity him.

As for bannable offences, I don't know what you are refering to.

Despatch wrote:
    For the last time, I had no previous account. I am however, very familiar with the operation of other 'boards'.
    The information I'm looking at here suggests otherwise.
    Despatch wrote:
    Does Whitewashman consider it his place to regularly butt in on conversations that have nothing to do with him? Maybe you can tell me, you seem to know him.
    Well, everything here has something to do with him. So whats your point?

• Advertisement

Despatch wrote:
    Well he doesn't post in the wrestling board does he?
    Maybe he reads it

syke wrote:
    The information I'm looking at here suggests otherwise.

If you have information that suggests otherwise I would be happy to discuss it with you if it concerns you. I can only say that I have no recollection of ever registering at this site before but considering it's been around seven years it's not impossible that I did. If you want to PM me about this feel free, I have nothing to hide.

no, but while i admit, mouch of this has been fun, there has still been a point to all of my posting.

i think that the vast majority of what i have posted today has been the sort of questions that i had hoped would lead you to the answer.
    ie. making your point and not dancing around the tables, but it took you until over 100 posts had been put up to say that you were actually angry about the deletion of a thread, and not even about the original post in question.

i think youre thought were elsewhere. reading the pro wrestling board (as i sometimes do, mr smarty pants) today, i sw your thread where you nominated yourself for modship, and saying how great you would be, and how this is a democracy, so your voice should be heard. maybe your heard and head were there when answering my questions, becuase there are actually large amounts of questions from both myself and ecksor, that you didnt really answer.

but i do apologise. i do have a certain style about me that many find frustrating, and while it is intended to amuse, it also does have a point. it is often referred to sa trolling, but i think its more subtle than that. trolling is just about getting reactions. i like to think the reactions i get are less from silly flamebaiting, but more about getting to the end of a subject. its just my stle, so again, i apologise.

of course, ecksor managed to see my point about half way through today. im not sure why you couldnt. maybe it was the fantasies of hanging mods from lamp-posts, dogs running wild in the streets, tanks crushing oversized statues of disctators in the streets, and the rable, waving and cheersing at your booted feet. the feet of a hero. a man who fought the dictatorous reign of the facist moderators that ran pro wrestling with an iron fist, whos downfall you initiateded, and eventually whos life, you finally took.

or something.

im not sure.

dear, my spelling is atrocious these days. apologise for that also.
    by the way, i had a really long sales meeting today and i was a little bit bored during that.
    but i did have an eventful end of day, and i hope to be able to tell you all about it next weeks. its a really big deal im working on, for a company that everyone knows.

lets just say, they drive very small cars around a race track at very high speeds. its all very exciting.

Despatch wrote:
    If you have information that suggests otherwise I would be happy to discuss it with you if it concerns you. I can only say that I have no recollection of ever registering at this site before but considering it's been around seven years it's not impossible that I did. If you want to PM me about this feel free, I have nothing to hide.

Naaaaah. Its enough that I know and have the means to know and that you know I know and have the means to know. :) What could you possibly say that would interest me.

And WWM. You're just a big nasty troll (or is that part troll). For shame. Really. Baiting poor newbies (wink wink wink) like that :)

p.s. aren't e-mail addresses interesting :)

no, but while i admit, mouch of this has been fun, there has still been a point to all of my posting.

i think that the vast majority of what i have posted today has been the sort of questions that i had hoped would lead you to the answer.
    ie. making your point and not dancing around the tables, but it took you until over 100 posts had been put up to say that you were actually angry about the deletion of a thread, and not even about the original post in question.

i think youre thought were elsewhere. reading the pro wrestling board (as i sometimes do, mr smarty pants) today, i sw your thread where you nominated yourself for modship, and saying how great you would be, and how this is a democracy, so your voice should be heard. maybe your heard and head were there when answering my questions, becuase there are actually large amounts of questions from both myself and ecksor, that you didnt really answer.

but i do apologise. i do have a certain style about me that many find frustrating, and while it is intended to amuse, it also does have a point. it is often referred to sa trolling, but i think its more subtle than that. trolling is just about getting reactions. i like to think the reactions i get are less from silly flamebaiting, but more about getting to the end of a subject. its just my stle, so again, i apologise.

of course, ecksor managed to see my point about half way through today. im not sure why you couldnt. maybe it was the fantasies of hanging mods from lamp-posts, dogs running wild in the streets, tanks crushing oversized statues of disctators in the streets, and the rable, waving and cheersing at your booted feet. the feet of a hero. a man who fought the dictatorous reign of the facist moderators that ran pro wrestling with an iron fist, whos downfall you initiateded, and eventually whos life, you finally took.

or something.

im not sure.

Inspirational stuff, what can I say? Not much except to state for about the fifth time today that I don't care who the new moderator is (if there is one) so long as he is interested in the board. I never expected it to me, I nominated myself as a joke and if you read the wrestling board you will also notice that I suggested that setting up a poll might not be a good idea.

lets just say, they drive very small cars around a race track at very high speeds. its all very exciting.

MicroMachines?

Despatch wrote:
    Inspirational stuff, what can I say? Not much except to state for about the fifth time today that I don't care who the new moderator is (if there is one) so long as he is interested in the board. I never expected it to me, I nominated myself as a joke and if you read the wrestling board you will also notice that I suggested that setting up a poll might not be a good idea.

Hey, I've an idea!

Lets put up a poll and we can vote in the new moderator!

That worked before ya know ;)

syke wrote:
    MicroMachines?

Lol, my first thought too

Oh and syke, those beans? Spill them pls.

• Advertisement

syke wrote:

p.s. aren't e-mail addresses interesting :)

Look, if there is another account registered to my address can you at least let me know what it's called so I can check it out?

Heading off now so I'll have to continue this tomorrow.

Advertisement