Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderaters on Wrestling board

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

syke wrote:
    Hey, I've an idea!

Lets put up a poll and we can vote in the new moderator!

That worked before ya know ;)

have you read the poll on the pro wrestling forum?

that bástard moderator bloody locked it! wánker...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

have you read the poll on the pro wrestling forum?

that bástard moderator bloody locked it! wánker...

Nah I never read that forum ;)

i see your point.
    i mean, grown men with oil all over their well defined musculer bodies, dressed up in crotch hugging lycra pants, with long flowing beautifully trimmed locks, being watched by thousands of young boys and other men, in some sort of lust embrace is not up my street either.

AND THEY FAKE IT!

i mean, its not really as manly as fly fishing now is it?

Despatch wrote:
    Look, if there is another account registered to my address can you at least let me know what it's called so I can check it out?

LOL.

Ah dear :)

i see your point.
    i mean, grown men with oil all over their well defined musculer bodies, dressed up in crotch hugging lycra pants, with long flowing beautifully trimmed locks, being watched by thousands of young boys and other men, in some sort of lust embrace is not up my street either.

AND THEY FAKE IT!

i mean, its not really as manly as fly fishing now is it?

Ah I like full contact sports, but ones with less touching and groping (and spandex).

Incidently, while we're on the subject of dodgey imagery.

Did you know that in some christian cermonies, priests smear their chrism on boys faces?

Remember! I didn't think it! YOU did!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

[..]or ecksor (whom i see has left this thread from embarassment)[..]

Boy, is my face red?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Despatch wrote:
    That's fine, but if Whitewashman isn't an admin then why is he wasting his time on this thread in the first place?

I am an admin and I can't figure out why I'm wasting time on this thread!

/me shurgs.
    your intrigued as much as the rest of us to how it all turns out?

we *could* do the scooby-do ending if you like....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

ecksor wrote:
    Good grief, is that you Seanytwat?

Nice to know that almost 12 months later and **** all has changed, and i include yourself at that Jerry. Original bedroom nerd on a powertrip and generally taking the piss out of what should be a reasonable request "because he can". Can't be that good an admin really though considering the fact that the only time i posted other than my existing username was validreasoning! and i owned up on that, need new glasses perhaps? :)

Just to clarify, i was only made aware of this thread a couple of hours ago. Since we moved smiaras.com to wrestlingireland.com it's been all good, one of our regular posters PM'd me about this and one of the mods made reference to the fact that deja vu has struck. Pretty much a parallel to the incident that happened list. Comes as a surprise really as i thought Hanza was doing quite a good job of mod on the PW board, especially since half it's fanbase jumped ship after the whole debaucle last year. He did a great job rebuilding the board, saddens me to see him resign. I've met Hanza on a number of occasions (we buried the hatchet long ago), the guy has **** all free time on his hands especially with his heavy involvement with IWW and honestly did the best he could so i can't blame him for his decision.

NinjaBart, Cianan2 (and anyone else that suggested me for mod), thanks for the vote of confidence, but when i left, Jerry wished us all the best for the new forums, and we've had all the luck in the world really. It's been a great 11 months so far so to up and leave it for boards wouldn't make any sense (to me anyway) as we put a lot of work (and some money) into registering the site and domain for wrestlingireland.com. According to ecksor last year i was pretty much a dead setter for mod for that board until i became vocal about my feelings on how the subject was been dealt with on the feedback forum, i withdrew all interest from it and Hanza got nod. It should be noted that i actually won 2 poll's (a second one was taken due to Hanza's absense and he wasn't nominated in the first one), but that was only seen as a popularity contest in the eyes of the admins, and nothings changed there so polls are generally a waste of time, boards.ie isn't a democracy, nor have they ever claimed to be, i don't like that fact anymore than most, but the option was there to leave, and so i did. I made the occasional post since just to help clear up some facts, but that was it. Besides, if i was to take a mod position here, it'd be a matter of time before i junked it anyway because dealing with ecksor breathing down my neck is something i couldn't be arsed with personally.

If i were to suggest a replacement for Hanza if he carries out his resignation, you couldn't go far wrong with Phen0m if he'd accept it. He's been around on the PW board longer than i was and has always kept a level head, he too knows his stuff about Pro Wrestling and like myself, can't tolerate spoilers and lack of spoiler control. But hey, i don't admin a board that keeps going down every three days so what do i know? ;)

Just setting some facts straight, oh and Jerry, you do know that assumption is the mother of all ****ups don't you? You can wipe the egg off your face now. You're welcome!

<shameless plug>For anyone interested, the wrestlingireland.com forums are available to anyone interested, we know how to keep our posters happy!</shameless plug>

That's all i really have to say on the matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Kio wrote:
    well i have never seen you on the wrestling forum in any thread
    so i ask you this who is the champ at the moment
    Kio wrote:
    Gone

ROFL!!!!!! :D:D
    This thread is absolutely priceless!!! Please make this a sticky! Or at least copy it over to the humour forum also! I havn't laughed so hard at an argument before in my life!!! :D:D

Brilliant! It's so good it even has more views than the "How this Forum Works" Sticky!! lol

BTW Wrestling fans.....They said they were considering it...these things take time...that was 6 pages ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭NinjaBart

Nice to know that...

Hahahahaha, you answer to Seanytwat!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Im embracing this thread. i want to see how long it can go on for

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭jesusjones

Right I will by saying what the ****!That was getting ridicoulous and Hanza quitting just because he was having a hissy fit is a joke.Hell I mod at another board and I know what its like to get a bit out of control shinzon would tell ya that and it was far worse then what happened here.Anyway I hope this is resolved and everyone can get along again and thanks for mentioning me alcaholicka but If I was offered I dont know what I would say to be honest thats my feelings on the matter anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I'm lost, who is Seanytwat again - Nero, Ninjabart, Syke, WWM? Can someone explain this tremendously involved mystery to me while roaring at their monitor like a heavy smoker meatbag in sweaty spandex*?

*while glaring angrily

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

there all or were posters on the Wrestling Board

neo is nerotheextreme
    wwm is whitewashman

The rest youll find on the wrestling board

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

emotsiren1iz.gifemotsiren1iz.gif[wiki]drama[/wiki] ALERTemotsiren1iz.gifemotsiren1iz.gif

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'll review this over the weekend if I get time. If a new mod is needed, it will be Giblets choice of moderator so long as it passes Admin blessing, or the Admins choice of moderator provided Giblet has no objections. Either way, it most certainly NOT be a popularity contest, a vote, a random draw or a people power movement of consensus. See how far any of those get you...

DeV.

DeVore wrote:
    I'll review this over the weekend if I get time. If a new mod is needed, it will be Giblets choice of moderator so long as it passes Admin blessing, or the Admins choice of moderator provided Giblet has no objections. Either way, it most certainly NOT be a popularity contest, a vote, a random draw or a people power movement of consensus. See how far any of those get you...

DeV.

BOO, HISS!

down with this sort of random dictatorship decrees.

give power to the people, or youshall feel the power of the People's Elbow

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Easy, If Gimmick feels up to the Job, then he is definatly someone I would pick. After reviewing his post history he has alot of presence in the Pro Wrestling forum and seems level headed enough. That if, it even needs a new mod. If Bombidol and Hanza put in some more work and cracked down more, it might sort itself out.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Oh dont you start... :p

People already have a vote here. Theres a box top right with an [x] already in it.... click to vote no and dont click to vote yes. Even Floridians couldnt get that wrong.

Oh, and stop poking the muppets with a stick you.

DeV.

• Advertisement

I have a question for seanytwat!

Seeing as nooone else seemed to know that Ecksor was referring to you when he said seanytwat, and you don't even read boards.

How exactly did you come to that conclusion?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

You can't ask questions like that syke, it would make the universe implode from confusion

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Let alone my head.

/me goes off to pick up brain matter from the walls in his office.

DeVore wrote:
    Oh dont you start... :p

People already have a vote here. Theres a box top right with an [x] already in it.... click to vote no and dont click to vote yes. Even Floridians couldnt get that wrong.

Oh, and stop poking the muppets with a stick you.

DeV.

hey, thats unfair. i actually dont think there is any part of anything i said that could be justifiably be called trolling!

by the way, i clicked that X box,m but i still had 15 open browsers with boards.ie in it. do you want me to click on all of them, because using your analogy of american voting, id be dropping my vote in 16 time in all, and that is against the law.

as terry pratchett says 'Ankh-Morpork had dallied with many forms of government and had ended up with that form of democracy known as One Man, One Vote. The Patrician was the Man; he had the Vote.'

i feel that you should proudly display this on your 'Dictators at Work' page, so that everyone knows you are not very nice :)

or maybe it should be called 'Dictatorship in Progress'?

Just make me mod and I'll promise to rule with an iron fist....

I know nothing about the said topic.

But hey, i don't admin a board that keeps going down every three days so what do i know? ;)
    So in the 3 weeks of downtime, we decided to not just come back with a forum, but with a whole site dedicated to keep you up to date with Irish Wrestling gossip, a chatroom to keep everyone talking about it (and who knows, share some info with us!), and links to anything wrestling related!

Unfortunately, due to a failure with the database backup, we lost all previous posts and user entries, so re-registration will be required. We apologise for the inconvenience, but we really did all we could there.

Very well done. 3 weeks downtime and you couldnt even salvage feck all from the database. /me bows.

Im sure its harder to keep track of a small 10mb or so database and not the 2GB database that boards is.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭jesusjones

Look all I say is blame the communists is their fault for all of this!

Winters wrote:
    Very well done. 3 weeks downtime and you couldnt even salvage feck all from the database. /me bows.

Fair point, although i had no access/control over the smiaras.com site itself, had i, there would have been a reliable backup performed, but i hadn't, so there wasn't. The was a backup done from the site but it turned out to be a blog. Again, wasn't anything that i personally had control over.

And i'm actually proud that we managed to suffer 3 weeks downtime and yet each and every regular user came back and registered and returned to normal. I'm not proud of the inconvenience that it caused, but i couldn't do feck all about that. Hence why we moved the site altogether.

Nero

Edit: It should be noted that that was our only downtime after almost a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Okay, I think what Winters is saying is... POT KETTLE BLACK

Boards.ie has a HUGE amount of people that visit it everyday, yet it's only had a few days downtime. Mostly due to servers that need replacing, which costs money. Your site doesn't have a huge following, had 3 weeks downtime, and you're criticising boards.ie ....

• Advertisement

Aw whatever, what the fsck does this have to do with moderators on the pro wrestling board anyway?! The mods and admins do everything and anything they can to stray off topic in Feedback!

Nero

Advertisement