Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Omg!!!!

Options
  • 14-02-2005 1:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭

Heard on the news this morning that insurance prices have dropped by an average of 25% and they're expected to drop another 10%!!!! :eek:

is this the start of a revolution?:)

i noticed somethin wierd last night when i got a quote of under 1900 on a provisional licence at 21 years old with only 1 yrs drivin exp :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

Yes its great - I got a cheque the other day for €300 off my insurance company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Phryxus

Any links or article's about this around? About time, hope it apply's to bikes as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭lilulila

I like the sound of that. Its about time they started cutting it. some of the quotes people get are so high it would be cheaper for them to use taxies for the year. Did you automatically get a cheque because of this or would we see this on our next renewal?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭BrianD3

is this the start of a revolution?
    Not if the number of road deaths in January and the start of February is anything to go by. If this trend continues through the year, expect premiums to rise again.

BrianD3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

Phryxus wrote:
    Any links or article's about this around? About time, hope it apply's to bikes as well.
    no links i'm afraid, i heard it on the radio, alhtough i'm sure it's on the net somewhere!

i'm not sure how long it'll take to kick in, but 1900 for a 21 yr old on a provision licence is pretty good, that's down from 4000:D

• Advertisement

D!ve^Bomb! wrote:
    no links i'm afraid, i heard it on the radio, alhtough i'm sure it's on the net somewhere!

i'm not sure how long it'll take to kick in, but 1900 for a 21 yr old on a provision licence is pretty good, that's down from 4000:D

That's some difference, what are you driving?

Thats a great quote down from 4000. Im delighted for you and hopefully it will happen for us soon :) Good luck with the driving and remember take it easy in the car now ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

it's only a 1.2 punto.. tbh my insurance isn't up till june, so let's just hope it stays down..

Ill keep my fingers crossed for you ;) It should stay around that mark though I couldnt see it creeping all the way back to 4 grand anyhow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭wrafter

You think the drop in price might have anything to do with this lot entering the marketing? www.tesco.ie/finance/carinsurance/index1.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

Dont think so, any quotes ive gotten from tesco have been the same or slightly more expensive than other quotes ive gotten from Hibernian/Quinn in the past.
    More to do with the reduction in the cost of claims etc, Mary Harneys tactics might have actually had an effect :eek:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

It's disgraceful that we live in a country where people are delighted with 1900 euro insurance quotes, and other people think it's a fantastic quote.

*steam comes out ears*
    >:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭test999

backed by Hib, who are getting out of bike insurance, so no chance they'll cover bikes.

I'm not sure until i track it down but I could have sworn I read something that said Hib were only stopping bike insurance for first time bikers and that anyone that was with them could keep getting insured as well as people with a certain amount of experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

i dunno
    aon gave me a quote from axa this year, not hibernian

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

a little extra on aon... when they switched to axa last year, they decided to lump an extra €500 onto my premium for no reason. Went direct thru hibernian and saved about €650. Aon are fecking swines.

I didn't have the option of going to aon, But at the time it would have been nice as I had to pay everything up front to hib. You'd think an evil corporation like hib would want to build up a relationship of trust with their customers so that in the future when they start asking people to sign over their souls along with the cash just to drive for 1 goddam year they could at least ask you in person and if they did know you better there'd be less chance the bastards would get the f***in name wrong on the piece of 5h1t contract.

( Sorry just had to rant for a second )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

maybe the soaring Irish stock market is helping defray the costs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Waldorf&Statler

wrafter wrote:
    You think the drop in price might have anything to do with this lot entering the marketing? www.tesco.ie/finance/carinsurance/index1.html

Hey wrafter I had a look at that page, and toured around that site in general. Seems to be a fairly standard offer as far as I can see, except they are offering a €1500 prize for people who register with no obligation!

D!ve^Bomb!, that might more or less pay your bike insurance, if you were lucky enough to win.

I'm not sure what the url to the prize page is, but go through wrafter's link and you'll find it.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Downtime wrote:
    Yes its great - I got a cheque the other day for €300 off my insurance company.
    Why did you get a cheque for €300. The price you pay for insurance is irrespective of any changes to the market afterwards, i.e. it is a contract charge that you accept. Similarlym they can't turn around and demand another €300 just because of the way things currently are!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Ran a quote for me... not too shabby.

Car: Audi A4 TDi 130bhp
    My Age: 26 Full License 0 points
    1 other named diver, Full licenese 0 points (seemed to make no difference to the quote)
    Value of car 21k

Quote: 1005.21 euronions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Phryxus wrote:

My insurance with AON went up by over €150 last year dispite having a 2yr ncb what the hell is the story with that?

dceire wrote:
    My insurance with AON went up by over €150 last year dispite having a 2yr ncb what the hell is the story with that?

That's just the crappest thing, premiums going up for people who are just gaining experience. Makes me sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭wrafter

W&S - odd name mate! :D

For the link to enter the prize draw, from the link above, click on "Finance Homepage" on the left, then "Car Insurance" image on top left. Voila!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

BrianD3 wrote:
    Not if the number of road deaths in January and the start of February is anything to go by. If this trend continues through the year, expect premiums to rise again.

BrianD3

Why ? [cynicism]Dead people don't claim do they?? [/cynicism]

ZEN

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Friend of mine got a quote for €2300, fully comp on a Subaru Impreza WRX RA.
    He's 22, 4 years no claims, has owned and insured an Impreza before but had been quoted up to €6000 on recent inquiries.

Advertisement