Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

proof of ownership on second hand private sale

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭DamoKen

BrianD wrote:
    Good to see that GArdai are able to provide information from the computer system! There's me thinking it was useless and sure who cares about the data protection act!

well originally what I asked was to check if it was stolen as the price seemed very cheap. Seems a bit strange that legally when buying a second hand car there is no way you can find out by normal means if a car is legit or not other than the doc's provided by the seller. The fact it had been in a crash only came up as a result of this. While I'm quite a trusting person the fact that the seller told me the car had never been in an accident and a crash being recorded against it proving otherwise made me for once not mind too much that the data protection act was circumvented. I'm generally in favour of data protection, but when it's protecting someone who is just trying to rip me off by lying about a dodgy product than my opinion changes somewhat!

Advertisement