Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed!

Options
  • 14-02-2005 1:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭

serial poster elsewhere.

Going to stay in hotel for next few days and need to access net via phone line in room. How can I do this. At work use a network. At home use a wireless connection to bb.

Do I need a dial-up account etc.

Dumb when comes to theses things.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,257 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Create a dial up for eircom.net or your preferred ISP.

In Windows 2k, this would entail :

Start > Settings > Control Panel > Network and Dial-Up Connections > Make New Connection

You will get a network Connection Wizard, click next and select 'Dial up to the Internet'. Select "I want to set up my internet connection manually" and choose the "I connect through a phone line and a modem" option

Uncheck the use area code and dialling rules and set the phone no to your ISP's phone number (1892150150 for eircom free). Remember that you may have to enter a 9 or something similar before the phone number to access an outside line from your hotel room.

Click next and enter your username / password combo for your ISP (eircomnet / eircomnet for eircom free).

Give the connection a name, click next and decline to set up a mail account. You're finished.

Alternatively, most hotels now offer some sort of business suite where you can get net access from. Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

They may also have a wireless hotspot down in the bar/reception or whatever.. then all you'd need would be a wireless adapter, USB/PCMCIA, for your laptop and away you go (try komplett, Peats, Maplin...)

Advertisement