Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online banking - who would you recommend?

Options
  • 14-02-2005 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

AIB's on line banking is excellent. However everything else to do with AIB is shíte esp there bank charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

The EBS one (www.ebs.ie) is excellent. The user interface could not be more simple. You get all the features of any other online banking, along with 128bit encryption. I've added a link below of what it looks like. It will also generate a PDF for you on the spot with account information - very handy

ebs.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meh

smiaras wrote:
    No, they use a standard 128-bit SSL-protected page with the following login info required
    1. 6-digit user ID
    2. 3 random digits from a 6-digit PIN
    3. must supply either date of birth or last 4 digits of phone number
    You can use it from multiple computers, and it works across multiple browers/OSes too.

(That's for their personal banking anyway, apparently their business online banking is a completely different system. It's entirely possible that business uses digital certificates.)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Id have to go with AIB. Ive been using it for about 2 years and Ive had no problems at all.
    6 digit user id login followed by a randomly selected 2 digits from your online banking PIN and then a telephone number/cc number verification. Pretty secure all in all and you can set up savings accounts within seconds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

Ive only used AIB, its dead handy. I had to ring up to set up bills but got through straight away and it only took 20seconds! Don't feel the need to try any others!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

I use Ulsterbanks Anytime Internet effort. It's good and simple and i like it alot but it uses security cert which means i have to use one comp or ring up cust care to tranfer to another comp, which isn't that much hassle but still....:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meh

smiaras wrote:
    Yes, you have to do this for BoI. If you want to do a transfer to a third-party account, you have to ring them with the account details (a/c#, name, sort code). It only needs to be done once per third-party account (so you can make subsequent payments to the same account without having to ring them), and it's good to have for security.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

..and its done instantly over the phone at any time or day (more or less)...

Advertisement