Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creative inspire 5.1 5700 hook up to pc?

Options
  • 14-02-2005 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

I have a creative inspire digital 5.1 speaker system and so far I have only been using it with the playstation, I dont know why I never though to hook it up to the pc... The only problem is I have lost the original wires I got with it...can anyone tell me the easiest way to hook up to the pc and the names of the wires? I'll leg it up to peats or maplin to get them.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

that really depends, what kind of outputs are on your soundcard/onboard sound?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

koneko wrote:
    that really depends, what kind of outputs are on your soundcard/onboard sound?

gah, Im getting a new pc today...cant remember if it has a soundcard or onboard sound...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Aah, well then, heh. It'll either have analog outputs or digital or both. If analog when you'll just need to stereo to stereo cables, and connect those to the green and black inputs. If it's only digital (like some Nvidia onboard audio), then you can use an RCA to RCA cable or an optical cable.

I had the same speakers hooked up to my PC and Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

koneko wrote:
    Aah, well then, heh. It'll either have analog outputs or digital or both. If analog when you'll just need to stereo to stereo cables, and connect those to the green and black inputs. If it's only digital (like some Nvidia onboard audio), then you can use an RCA to RCA cable or an optical cable.

I had the same speakers hooked up to my PC and Xbox.

Ok I just found out it has 7.1 on board audio and uses stereo cables. This is a stupid question but what kinf of stereo wires are they ? Not the ones that you red,yellow and white ones that connect up to the scart are they ?

Advertisement