Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blessington, Booooring!

Options
  • 14-02-2005 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭

Just wanted to warn people thinking of moving to blessington that its the most boring kipp of an excuse for a village in Ireland, nothing to do, I lived here for nearly five years and I hate it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Been through it a few times, stopped off in the 'Wicklowmans' pub - think thats what it was called - bit of a ghost town really - nice chippers though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

fitzer666 wrote:
    Just wanted to warn people thinking of moving to blessington that its the most boring kipp of an excuse for a village in Ireland, nothing to do, I lived here for nearly five years and I hate it

im sensing he may not like the place....

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭The Fitz

Victor wrote:
    do you think your funny? that joke is irrelevant to the point im tryin to make here, I live in blessington, it stinks, nothing to do, loads of nackers and skangers movin up, accent that drives me round the bend.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

do you think your funny? that joke is irrelevant to the point im tryin to make here, I live in blessington, it stinks, nothing to do, loads of nackers and skangers movin up, accent that drives me round the bend.

Well, you're a shining example of what the town has produced on it's own account..so can it get worse? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 ascully

i live close to it and its a abit of a dump but when the new shoppin center opens at least it will have somewhere for all the knackers to go to and maybe a decent video library

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Prundic

I live in Blesso and I agree its boring,but for gods sake..there are regular buses going to town if you are THAT bored...if you dont like it,move out of blesso...simple solution really...its about bloody time there was some development of blessington by the way....its boring,but I dont HATE the place..

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I used to go out with a girl from up round that way - Manor Kilbride - and after splitting up with her, I missed Blessington more than her. There's some great pubs up there and I always had a great time any time I was up there. I suppose it would get boring if you had to spend every Friday or Saturday night up there though, but the 65B (or was it the 65) was always pretty reliable.

Prundic wrote:
    I live in Blesso and I agree its boring,but for gods sake..there are regular buses going to town if you are THAT bored...if you dont like it,move out of blesso...simple solution really...its about bloody time there was some development of blessington by the way....its boring,but I dont HATE the place..
    whereabouts? do you know deerpark? I be residing there, hate it, full of arseholes

I actually live near deerpark and i know two people from there(both girls)and they are sound...but I have heard that a few people in there are snobs...I am not saying they all are its just things I hear..Blessington is great at the weekend... :D Any of you ever go to TIME:? Thats pretty good if you get sick of just going to the same pubs every weekend.

• Advertisement

Thats Naas though, yeah deerpark is full of snobs. I dont want to name names though. Ive lived hear 5 years and all Ive gotten is grief. The Schools are crap, the n81's a sham, illegal dump bla bla bla its just a kip.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

ascully wrote:
    i live close to it and its a abit of a dump
    Well dumps are one thing the town isn't short of. :D

Well I guarantee you this,most of the local heads around here are far worse than any of the 'knackers' that are only moving up here from Dublin or where ever they are coming from...

yeah, the whole glending thing is appalling

New shopping centre will be the biggest nacker attarction ever

Advertisement