Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Line-In on car radio.

Options
  • 14-02-2005 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭

Howdy,
    I want to play my mp3 player thru car radio and would prefer not to use an fm transmitter.

I've a ford focus with the standard ford slot-in CD & Radio unit.
    It says it's CD changer compatable also.

Would it be possible to simply hook up a cable to the cable with a headphone jack on the end where I can connect mp3 player?

I don't see any mention of an aux input, but the fact that it says CD changer compatable seems to suggest theres a way.

It would probably mean taking over the Radio or CD channel I presume as there would be no other way to select the line-in mode, right?

Any advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭lilulila

Hi there

I am also wanting to do the same on my 03 punto. I have a blaupunkt cd/radio system in the car already. I have heard theres a line in option but i dont know how to do it. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

If you own an iPod mini or 4th generation there is a new product out called ice>Link which will connect through the cd changer port - no more FM modulator

Advertisement