Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WoW - Free first month?

Options
  • 14-02-2005 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭

Quote from 'Step 4: Payment Method' of WoW Account Setup:

Choose from the payment methods below. You must select a payment method to create a World of Warcraft "Guest Pass" account. Should you decide to upgrade your account from "Guest Pass" status to retail status, the payment method you select will automatically be initiated to ensure a seamless World of Warcraft play experience. Details on how to upgrade your "Guest Pass" account will be provided at the end of the Account Creation process.
    If you experience any problems or have questions/concerns about this page, please contact our Account and Billing team via www.wow-europe.com/en/support/

You cannot then progress until you either give a credit card number or a prepaid card number. WTF? I don't have a credit card and to my knowledge prepaid cards aren't available till next month. Besides I've just paid 45 euro for the game, If Blizzard expect me to to pay for 3 months in advance before I even try the game they can lick me willy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

That's standard for most MMORPGs. Put someone else's CC in (with their permission obviously), they don't charge it until you're out of the free trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

You can also pay one month at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

As has been said this really is standard (and fyi it was 2 months (60days) for the US version, dunno if they changed that for euro release). You wont be charged until those free days are used and only then if you didnt cancel the subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

I got my brothers card, who was kind enough to let me use it. but still, I'd have expected better from blizzard tbh, anyway I'm in now, killing pigs bigstyle!

Advertisement