Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Nokia 7250i

Options
  • 14-02-2005 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, have a Nokia 7250i for about a year, and have had nothing but problems with the software since I got it - at the moment it seems to freeze when left alone and I have to remove the battery and turn it back on again to get it working (and then the same problem happens a couple of hours later).

Are there any shops in Dublin city centre who can put on the latest version of the Nokia software (i.e. totally wipe and start from scratch)?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭ranDom_tAsk

bring it to the telephone center on dawson st in town and they'll do it if it's still under warranty. i also have the equipment to flash it if it's out of it's warranty. let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Hi ranDom_tAsk,

The phone is not under warranty any more, but don't really mind paying them once I get the phone working. Does "flash" it out just mean to set it back to the factory settings?

It was pretty much as standard when the problem started happening so not too sure if that will do the trick?

flashing basicly means uninstalling then reinstalling software of the phone, just the same as a pc program. when you get it flashed you should get the lastest version of firmware (lastest version) shouldn't cost more than €20 :)

you can check the firmware version by pressing *#0000#

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

ranDom_tAsk,

thanks a million for that - I will head up there and give it a go.

This is what appeared on screen:
    V 4.63
    29-03-04
    NHL-4JX

Eoin

eoin_s wrote:
    ranDom_tAsk,

thanks a million for that - I will head up there and give it a go.

This is what appeared on screen:
    V 4.63
    29-03-04
    NHL-4JX

Eoin
    no problem :)

i must up date my 7250i flash file, i have v4.22 ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement