Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Converse Shoes

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

i just got my first pair a coupla days ago after wanting them for ages, i was kinda worried they wouldnt give my feet(and especially ankles) the support they need, but the boot version seems to give me enough support thankfully. only problem so far is that i cant wear them for extended periods of time or else i suffer with serious pain(ive already gotten a blister after 3 days).

other than that, i love them. i prefer wearing them with baggy trousers though, tight ones with cons just dont look nice..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

if they hurts y u wears them...?try puttin insoles into them..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

for medical reasons, i have to wear insoles anyway, so thats what i do....
    like i said the boot versions give me enough support so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 pookie pixie

JC 2K3 wrote:
    You are not alone, same thing happens to me, with any shoes I wear infact...
    My life has suddenly become enlightened!!Hero of the day........

Seriously though,i think its because we walk on the heels of our feet instead of ball-heel ball-heel etc.And all the plastic bits fall out and everything.Disaster of epic proportions i tell you!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Who, me?

Well, I like them.
    I've never really had any problems with my Cons. And if you wanted to make the general feeling of comfyness into a shoe, it'd be Converse. :)
    Yeah, they've gone mainstream, but who cares? If you like them, you like them. If you don't, you don't.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Blisterman wrote:
    For comfortable shoes to wear around the house, Vans slip ons are the best. Plus no laces.
    I never liked converse, too thin. I like shoes to be tight. Plus they're not practical to wear around.

i have a pair of red and white slip on vans and they are indeed comfy but so to are cons and depending on my mood i wear both... sometimes at the same time...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Board@Work

I am going to the states at the end of the week and was thinking of buying a pair.. but i amn't that sure.. ahhh decisions decisons

What colour should I get??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭poobum

not green they are horrible in green!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Who, me?

Board@Work wrote:
    I am going to the states at the end of the week and was thinking of buying a pair.. but i amn't that sure.. ahhh decisions decisons

What colour should I get??
    Pink! ^__^ If not pink then just go with the black or something neutral like that. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

yellow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭baby*cham*bell

Rozabeez wrote:
    Avril Lavigne happened.
    the OC happened!

went to get them last year, they didn't have my size, finally got them in Barcelona last October, and fell in love.

theyr'e no longer as cool as the once were, as i just recently discovered and as pointed out in numerous other posts, the are owned by Nike and made by poor indonesian kids. Now i just feel guilty.

recently bought black and white check Vans slip ons, and on closer inspection the label in fact says "made in Indonesia". Crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I think I might grab a pair myself tomorrow. We'll see how I get on with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I dont remember posting that Avril Lavigne thing...'tis strange. I think cons are too common now, see them everywhere you go! Then you have your "punk" customised ones...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

theyr'e no longer as cool as the once were, as i just recently discovered and as pointed out in numerous other posts, the are owned by Nike and made by poor indonesian kids. Now i just feel guilty.

Underground Shoes do right-on versions. Behold:
    http://www.underground-england.co.uk/acatalog/Baseball_Boots.html

There are a couple of places in Dublin you can get them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭CrazyTalk

I thought I'd seen it all until I saw high-heeled converse. Crazy stuff

• Advertisement

rain on wrote:
    Underground Shoes do right-on versions. Behold:
    http://www.underground-england.co.uk/acatalog/Baseball_Boots.html

There are a couple of places in Dublin you can get them.
    wooooooooooww so much cool stuff....................... must buy (robs credit card) ................................

CrazyTalk wrote:
    mother of mercy!!! hmmmmm (contmplates) might actually be cool.................. i can't even imagine them!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

CrazyTalk wrote:

I've seen them aswell! I hate them! uh, please no-one buy them.. if you have them - I'm sorry..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭CrazyTalk

mother of mercy!!! hmmmmm (contmplates) might actually be cool.................. i can't even imagine them!!!

My friend bought them in Canada afaik. They might be here now though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Just thought I'd say that I have a green pair, although mine are a very dark green, the only other pair of them I've seen were in Faro. Not too much of a fan of the light green

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Used to be cool. Stopped being such about last year when every wannabe rocker started getting them. Now they're a bit of a cliche and are really just out.

Advertisement