Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cisco systems virtual private networt (VpN)

Options
  • 14-02-2005 6:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭

Anyone know the requirements for this to work , can I get away without just an internet connection broadband or do I need a network card aswell. Do I need NT or can I run it of 98 , 20XX

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭zenith

If you mean just the Cisco VPN client application, then you connect to the internet, run the client, and away you go.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2308/

If you mean something else, I have no idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭philtaylor

yeah thats it was wondering if it runs like the pcanywhere that i have ordered as I want to get access to the office network via remote internet connection as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

VPN makes your local network card look as though it was connected to the remote internal network, assuming that you've the VPN hardware/software running on the network.
    You should ask your admin. He'll have to set up keys for you on the (presumably) cisco firewall, and assuming that he's set up the VPN and purchased VPN connection licenses for the firewall, will probably have the client software.

Not really like PC anywhere/vnc/remote desktop which takes control of a remote machine, by running a server on that machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭philtaylor

Cheers for the details , it runs on a cisco firewall and they have the keys , I was given the software last week and there accounts/profiles available.

Advertisement