Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Finding 'book value' of car online?

Options
  • 14-02-2005 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

Is there anywhere I can find the 'book value' of a car online?

The particular model is a 1996 1.2l 3dr Renault Clio

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

JohnCleary wrote:
    Is there anywhere I can find the 'book value' of a car online?

The particular model is a 1996 1.2l 3dr Renault Clio

www.ros.ie click on vrt calculator and follow the cues

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Cheers, only thought that calculated VRT..

Nice one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Aren't they notorious for over-valuing cars?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Ring a Renault Stealer and ask them the value of the car for "insurance" purposes. That will give you a ball park figure of it's worth. That VRT calculator is very inaccurate and the figures only suit the tax man.

bazz26 wrote:
    Ring a Renault Stealer and ask them the value of the car for "insurance" purposes. That will give you a ball park figure of it's worth. That VRT calculator is very inaccurate and the figures only suit the tax man.

i disagree with that assertion. all figures on that website are trade prices. if anything the luxury stuff is too cheap but this is probably just the low trade price. prices are accurate. eg a 1.4 golf 5dr is 16000 which is the figurei would value it at exactly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

I'm sorry I looked at this thread. My car is valued at €843!

Mental Note: Buy new car!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Aren't they notorious for over-valuing cars?

Nope they seem to use ballpark trade prices

These are way lower than if you would buy the same car in good condition from a dealer with low mileage, warrantee, NCT, service, good tyres, etc.

Heh, they reckon that a sh1tty 1.2 clio is worth 1500euro minus 340 VRT.

ahahah.

JohnCleary wrote:
    Heh, they reckon that a sh1tty 1.2 clio is worth 1500euro minus 340 VRT.

ahahah.

it probably is. small cars are in brisk demand here. they also value a 95 jaguar at 3500euro fyi.

lomb wrote:
    it probably is. small cars are in brisk demand here. they also value a 95 jaguar at 3500euro fyi.

Would you like to buy it? I'll even throw in a spare wheel ;)

• Advertisement

JohnCleary wrote:
    Would you like to buy it? I'll even throw in a spare wheel ;)

lol, id def buy a 95 jag for 3500 :D:D:D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Not sure about that site lads, I put a motor way back there and it gave me 3700 euro, got onto Opel garage and they values it at 3200, got onto the assesor and they valued it at 2900!! So I think they are valuing to suit themselves?? Maybe not, just my impression

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

yop wrote:
    Not sure about that site lads, I put a motor way back there and it gave me 3700 euro, got onto Opel garage and they values it at 3200, got onto the assesor and they valued it at 2900!! So I think they are valuing to suit themselves?? Maybe not, just my impression

3700 - of course, so the tax man gets more VRT

2900 - of course, so the insurance pays less out

3200 is your figure, it's close enought to a half-way between both. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

go to www.cbg.ie and there is a page where you enter the details of your car, and it gets an average price of similar cars there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gaui3d0pnbz86o

ding wrote:
    I'm sorry I looked at this thread. My car is valued at €843!

Mental Note: Buy new car!

better then mine at €643!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

horray! mine is worth €162 more than i paid for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

eoin_s wrote:
    go to www.cbg.ie and there is a page where you enter the details of your car, and it gets an average price of similar cars there.

aren't cbg valuations all dealer prices ?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Silvera wrote:
    aren't cbg valuations all dealer prices ?

Some are some aren't. Plenty of private sales in there too

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

yop wrote:
    It isn't an exact science, and when your talking about figures so low as the above, there'll be what looks like big differences. The figure that Opel quoted you - was that a quote for your existing car as a trade in or what they'd sell you one for? Two very different things.....

Well, aparantly my clio is worth 1200euro after VRT. Pitthy they didnt take into conideration it was driven around a field by a drunken f00ker r3dk3ck cun+

Id value her personaly at about 5 euro + 10-B&h

Mr. Cleay = pist

PS. Any1 wanna buy a p1mped clio? PWO

• Advertisement
Advertisement