Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling A 5200

Options
  • 14-02-2005 8:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭

My friend offered me E25 for a nVidia GeForce 5200. is this a fair price

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

4Xcut wrote:
    E25 for a nVidia GeForce 5200

Seems ok. see how old the card is and has he the drivers and yada yada. They retail around 50ish for the cheaper ones. Whats the exact spec.
    From Komplett.ie on a search for the 5200

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Felstorm

4Xcut wrote:
    My friend offered me E25 for a nVidia GeForce 5200. is this a fair price
    Who airetam_storm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

yeah. he broke his 5600 when he was foostering with it. is it a fair price. if i was buying a new rig should i get an AMD 64. if yes which one. Please don't say any of the fx ones cos i don't have the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

The 5200 is a slow card only buy it if your putting in a low end computer.

I Thought we had explaned this whole what to get stuff before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Don't buy it, that is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I had one as a temp card, terrible for gaming.
    But i guess 25 is a fair price, as long as you dont go gaming with it.

Jozi

Felstorm wrote:
    I Thought we had explaned this whole what to get stuff before.

Relevant to the conversation how? To those who gave intelligent, worthwhile advice thank you very much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

I think im the only person on the boards who doesnt mind playing the latest games on 800x600 w\med-low graphics :D

If a games runs thats all you need, none of this 6800U x2 business ;)

yeah it has to be better than your stop gap measure which scares me.
    And about the whole 'we already explaned it to you' read your OWN posts before replying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Redrocket

yeah im with you airetam, i just dont care about graphics :D
    if they are nice and shiney, thats good, but if they are crap, it doesnt bother me

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭davkav

i had a 5200 and was able to play far cry and doom3 on it fine, i sold it my mate for €25 but to be honest it was a bit cheap there in maplins for as low as 70 and as high as 125 in peats so id be askin for 50 or so. Yeah it'd be cheaper off the net but you'd have to pay for postage and packaging

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 fakesnake

TacT wrote:
    Don't buy it, that is all.
    i thought he was selling not buying. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

the 5200's are ok, i overclocked mine by 70mhz (core) and used to play doom3 @ 1024x768 fine and it only had a cheapy cooler on it (20 euro jobby). and a mate of mine oc'd his 100mhz and plays HL2 @ 1024x768 too. As a temporary measure they are fine, id sell it for more than 25 if its a 256meg version.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I highly doubt that having 256mb over 128mb would make any difference in such a low end card would it ?!?

But yeah, 25€ sounds about fair for a second hand 5200. They really do struggle with absolutely anything, IMO. Theres cards years older that annihilate them at everything.

Felstorm wrote:
    And about the whole 'we already explaned it to you' read your OWN posts before replying.

WHAT in the name of god does that mean?? should you care to have an argument based on logical discussion and facts then i would be more than happy to prove you wrong.AGAIN AS ALWAYS

4Xcut wrote:
    if i was buying a new rig should i get an AMD 64. .
    You asked the question I answered then you start complaning.
    Thats why you should have read your own post first.

but you didn't answer anything at all in any way, shape or fashion at any time past, present or future ever at all

stop making a fool of yourself.
    I would not deem it fair if i was to continue in a battle of wits with you seeing as you are so obviously unarmed.

What about the endless reams of stupid questions every saturday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭padraigf

Children, please! Stop the bickering.

• Advertisement

you know i said to myself "wait a minute , maybe i should try to see things from his prespective"
    So i bent backwards.....but that didn't work.
    Then i tried kneeling down.....but no matter what i did
    I COULDN'T GET MY HEAD THAT FAR UP MY OWN ARSE

Im amazed youve managed to get decent answers from people with an attitude like that.....(the whole resorting to large letters in an effort to be noticed)

gline wrote:
    the 5200's are ok, i overclocked mine by 70mhz (core) and used to play doom3 @ 1024x768 fine and it only had a cheapy cooler on it (20 euro jobby). and a mate of mine oc'd his 100mhz and plays HL2 @ 1024x768 too. As a temporary measure they are fine, id sell it for more than 25 if its a 256meg version.

Thats some might fine o\c :eek:

4xcut+Felstorm
    I think if you both get a prompt ban no one would be any worse off :D

what was that? i can't hear you when you're up on your highhorse.

On an unrelated matter(as that's the way it seems this thread is going) where did the name felstorm come from. genuinely. not slagging just curious :D;):p:) :rolleyes: :o :eek: :( :mad: :cool: :confused:

Thats some might fine o\c :eek:

4xcut+Felstorm
    I think if you both get a prompt ban no one would be any worse off :D

Yeh they seem to overclock really well with little cooling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 The G Man

Felstorm stop being so imature. Your senseless arguements besmirch the very being of this forum. Cleary this was meant to be a sensible thread but you degraded it to a flame war.

Some advice to 4XCut: Don't argue with an idiot(eg:Felstorm) they will only drag you down to their level and beat you on experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭padraigf

Could a mod please lock this thread ? It's gone totally O/T and turned into a little bitchy flame war.

Gline would a thermaltake memory cooling kit for gfx mem and a case fan proped up under it suffice?

Gline would a thermaltake memory cooling kit for gfx mem and a case fan proped up under it suffice?
    #

never seen or used those memory cooling kits so im not sure mate

• Advertisement

Having clearly won this one sided battle of wits with felstorm(if eejits were scarce he'd make three of them) i feel it my duty to make a victory note.

Iwould like to say that he put up a good intelligent fight but i'm not a liar.

Oh yes FIGHT THE GOVERNMENT

Advertisement