Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Remote and my PowerPoint TV

Options
  • 14-02-2005 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Not sure if here is the best place to ask this but.... I just got sky installed and I have it connected to a PowerPoint TV. The sky remote control can be configured to control your tv as well most of you know. Now, PowerPoint is not on the list of tv's in the manual. I have already taken to Google and found this page with all the codes...

http://www.hamradio-badarc.co.uk/skyhcodes.htm

My problem continues.... PowerPoint is not on the list. I know they are made by one of the bigger brands but I don't know which one! A search on powerpoint tv and anything like it brings up F***ing microsoft powerpoint and it is really iritating me.

So, can anyone please tell me what the little 4 digit code is for powerpoint tv's? please please please or point me in the right direction? :)

Thx in advance...

Dave

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Not too sure who make PowerPoint TV's tbh, maybe it mentions it somewhere in the back of an instruction manual or something....

I'll move the thread to Home Entertainment, you might get a bit more help there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

celticfc wrote:
    Not too sure who make PowerPoint TV's tbh, maybe it mentions it somewhere in the back of an instruction manual or something....

I'll move the thread to Home Entertainment, you might get a bit more help there :)
    Thanks mate. There is a more detailed list in the back of the manual but still no powerpoint. I think I need to find out who makes powerpoint, e.g. philips, sony or someone like that. Advanced searches on google is revealing nothing, .e.g search on 'powerpoint tv -microsoft -presentation'

I'm beginning to think that this was made by some dodgy company that 'never really existed'. I even did searches on the tv model and nothing has shown up.

Agh... help! I guess I might have to go out and buy that 42"! :D GF won't like that!!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Hmm, Powerpoint used a variety of chassis' over their models and years. Try Philips, Beko, Haier, Goodmans, Alba, etc.

Try that list and let me know how ya get on. If these don't work, tell me the model and year of your TV, and I'll see if I can suss it.

YIPPEE!!!

It was Beko. I had tried that one already but you have to try code 2, 3, 4, etc. And this time it worked! Happy Days!

Thx Mate,

Much appreciated,

Dave

byte

Glad you got it sorted out! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 bofarr01

Hi,
    got the same problem, have a Powerpoint TV but can't get the Sky remote to work with it. I see above that the Beko code might do it but DJB says "but you have to try code 2, 3, 4, etc" - can anyone clarify what this means?

Thanks,
    BOF

bofarr01 wrote:
    Hi,
    got the same problem, have a Powerpoint TV but can't get the Sky remote to work with it. I see above that the Beko code might do it but DJB says "but you have to try code 2, 3, 4, etc" - can anyone clarify what this means?

Thanks,
    BOF
    Hi,

Yep. Can't remember exactly how it goes but you'll see in the manual that you press something like "off button" then "red button", "off button" then "red button" and so on until your tv turns off/on. That may not be exactly right but whatever it says in the manual, do that for Beko and on the 3rd/4th attempt of the sequence above, it should work. Hope that helps.

Rgds,

Dave

byte

http://www.satcure.com/tech/digicode.htm

Indepth list of Sky codes and how to use them.

Advertisement