Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tsunami benefit at sugar club

Options
  • 14-02-2005 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

divebomb will be doing a half hour or so at The Sugar Club
    this Thursday (17th) to raise money for the Tsunami appeal.

No idea how much it is in but we'll be hocking off albums at a
    fiver each, all of which goes to charity.

On stage 9pm.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

whats it like to see gigs in that place, i mean does the picture on the website play it up a bit? or is it as nice as the photos make it out to be? i mean it looks kinda classy
    http://www.thesugarclub.com/ipix/tour_stage.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Jamster

It's quite classy all right. Nice venue but its a sit down auditorium and a separate bar so it probably suits bands who's audience wants to listen rather than hop around.

Good sound though, should be worth a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭IanluvsKathleen

forgive me for maybe being a tiny bit un-PC but does anyone else feel that all these tsunami gigs have gone on a bit too much at this stage. i dont mean to be a bad b*stard when i say it but provided bands arent taking part/organising these events as a means to raise their profile......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 baby astrolab

I'm sure such an evil thought has never, EVER crossed the mind of an act involved in any fundraising activity. ;)
    Our motives are not entirely selfless in that we haven't played the venue before and we'd like to check it out.
    I'm sure your right in a lot of cases and I'm sure a lot of people are sick of these gigs, however this is not exactly a high profile gig and we are dragging ourselves and our gear along to play a 25-30 minute set as a warm up act and we're selling our album and giving all the proceeds to charity so in this case, no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭scarfacemj

fair play moon fetus.

• Advertisement
Advertisement