Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Honda Civic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

These are photos of the new Civic hatchback:

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Hmm....dunno.

Maybe you'd get used to it. They all seem to be going for the futuristic look that we used to see in back to the future though - vehicles without curves or lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

What are the chances we will be given a car that looks anything remotely like this. As per most manufacturers, this is a concept, the actual released car will be a heavily toned down version of this IMO
    06si1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

Woahhhh... thanks for the link. Well, even if the final version isn't quite up to this, at least they're thinking in the right direction! The last Civic models were a bit disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Dagon wrote:
    Well, even if the final version isn't quite up to this, at least they're thinking in the right direction!

According to the Marketing manager the concept design represents 90% of the final product. So I don't think it's gonna stray too far from what we see. They'll probably reduce the wheel-size (doesn't seem to be a load of space for the suspension to work with) and customise it for the european market (indicators, remove the spoiler, etc.) Apparently the "dream team" have worked on it (i.e. the guys who designed the 5th and 6th gen Civic and the new Accord).

I won't bore you with loads of links but here's one more

http://www.k-series.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9433&page=1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Sweeeeeeet Jeybus !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Dagon wrote:
    Woahhhh... thanks for the link. Well, even if the final version isn't quite up to this, at least they're thinking in the right direction! The last Civic models were a bit disappointing.

To say the least!

The last line of civics just look like Ford Focuses with a 'H' at each end.. Ugly Ugly Ugly cars..
    I owned one of the 88-91 model civics, and it was the dog's bolloks.. I now own a 1995 Civic Coupé, and that's an even bigger dog's bolloks.. After '96 you could see they were just going downhill stylewise.. I like the 2006 concept.. Let's wait and see what will actually appear..

K.

Funny I thought exactly the same when I seen the lastest generation of Civics but I think the 04 revamp has made them better looking. The body kit, headlights, mirror mounted indicators make it look less like a bread-van and more of a car. I must confess the style does grow on you.

But the 06 model just screams appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

If we are talking about forthcoming new cars then this baby would be my favourite

http://www.cbg.ie/article.asp?listMode=news&ID=885

But those Honda's do look good to me. I just hope the production model doesn't become so toned down and bland that it looks like every other car out there on the road atm.

As an "anything but an Alfa" person due to the car problems I had when I owned one, I'd normally turn my nose up at this brand. But these new cars look absolutely stunning!! If only they could sort out the reliability problems :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

i actually like the current civics, very similar to the corolla and golf i think,, i HATE the older civics, pure scummer cars imo.. SCUMMER!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

take a look at the exhaust on that concept, pretty cool location

Advertisement