Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kayaking clubs north wicklow area

• 14-02-2005 11:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

hey:)

anyone know of any kayaking clubs in the north wicklow area that are beginner friendly?
    or the nearest one if none exist thereabouts ( i live in blessington area) :)

thanks a mil for any help, info is much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

I'm always down in Carrick on Shannon in Leitrim. Every now and then there's a Massive festival with loads of Kayaks and rowing boats. They play polo and everything there. If you want I could ask a few of them if they know when the next few are on, and if any of them are from Dublin if there are any clubs/groups.. I imagine you'd see few where ever you go, best advice is just be friendly and start talking to randomers that are also in Kayaks etc. You'd be surprised how easy it is to make friends with people that have boats. They're prolly dying to make friends too. I know someone that teaches kayaking in Galway, but that's prolly well too far. I'll see if they know anywhere in Dublin.

Good luck!

Captain Moore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 blu

ay il keep my eyes peeled anyway!
    with blesssington lake nearby i figure there has to be some folks around into that sorta thing..
    there used to be a leisure centre but its closed atm for the next year or so:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭IrishTW

hi blu

if you go to http://www.irishfreestyle.com

and post a message in the general section of the message board you are sure to get a reply. It is the main message board for kayaking in Ireland.

:ok

handy lil link there.. there should be a sticky with links made. it'd cut down on threads, but maybe not just yet, there needs to be a few threads made here!

Captain Moore

I got one.. http://www.irishcanoeunion.com/ Was recommended by the guy in Outdoor watersports.. My brother's thinking of getting into it

Captain Moore

• Advertisement
Advertisement