Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to buy punk music in Dublin?

Options
  • 15-02-2005 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭

The Secret Book and Record Store was great but last time I was in there the punk section was gone. Have they stopped selling punk cds?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Err... probably Tower is the best place for ya even if they're overpriced. The smaller places like Rythm Records do some good bootlegs but I refuse to pay €25 for a copied cd with a crappily photocopied covers...

Edit: BTW try interpunk on the internet. Can't remember the address. i assume it's interpunk.com but google it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Road Records.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭gzdamien

Murder City Records, above Flip in Temple Bar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

freebird records has some stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

steveland? wrote:
    Err... probably Tower is the best place for ya even if they're overpriced. The smaller places like Rythm Records do some good bootlegs but I refuse to pay €25 for a copied cd with a crappily photocopied covers...

Edit: BTW try interpunk on the internet. Can't remember the address. i assume it's interpunk.com but google it.

Yeah I've bought stuff from interpunk before and punkrockshop.co.uk.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

That place right beside Temple Bar Music Centre has a punk section right beside the counter. I think it's cheaper than Tower.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

dregin wrote:
    That place right beside Temple Bar Music Centre has a punk section right beside the counter. I think it's cheaper than Tower.
    Citydiscs?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Citydiscs?
    Yeah that's it. They had the Minor Threat DVD in there for less than I paid to order it from Dischord.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

The record end of the store changed ownership before Christmas; it used to be run by punx but now I think it's run by the same people as Freebird. Murder City is well worth checking out now, but it's vinyl only.

Vinyl? No thanks. How hard is it to rip vinyl to mp3? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Easy to medium.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

NotMe wrote:
    Vinyl? No thanks. How hard is it to rip vinyl to mp3? :D

Man vinyl makes the songs sound so much more raw and exactly how they were supposed to sound...

:)

steveland? wrote:
    Man vinyl makes the songs sound so much more raw and exactly how they were supposed to sound...

:)
    Yeah, problem is I listen to most of my music "on the road". :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

They have a small selection of cd's in Murder City. A lot is unsigned random stuff from the US, pretty good though. Excellent if small selection of books, got a really nice (gross) book on Genesis P-Orridge from Throbbing Gristle there.

Advertisement