Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The fall of christianity for the vbulletin generation

• 15-02-2005 1:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭

Consider, as an example, a message board. Now, this board has been created to form a community for the discussion of string, and string realted issues. The administrative staff want merely to provide an environment in which its users can discuss their string related problems and suchlike

But then, you get people who just want to be moderators. They don't care about string, they just want those extra powers that they feel will make them better than anyone else. In any sensible forum structure these people would not get squat, but, for the purposes of this example we shall say that StringBoard is a very tolerant organism, and grants them these positions

Now, in the off-chance that StringBoard becomes hugely succesful, and we'll assume it does, it is inevitable that its original creators and administrators will get bored and wander off. On a long enough timescale, they may even die out. When these people have left, those mods who don't care about shoes will creep higher in the organizational structure of StringBoards

Then one day, the entire adminisistratave staff of StringBoards is composed of these power hungry men. One Thursday afternoon they have a short discussion in IRC, and realise that strings just don't cut it. So, they decide to change it all utterly. The next day, poor Johnny Stringlover logs on, and finds that his beloved StringBoards is about... oh i don't know, shoes or something. It's still called StringBoard, but all discussion of string is now punishable by a permanant IP ban

And that's how christianity works... well, sort of

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

(please shoot me)

I see - so this what they call String Theory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭masto1983

Wait, I'm confused - so the cops knew that Internal Affairs were setting them up?

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Masto. You're confused. You seem to be tied up in knots here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

Maximilian wrote:
    Masto. You're confused. You seem to be tied up in knots here.

Lawl, ;D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Kelter

"Wait, I'm confused - so the cops knew that Internal Affairs were setting them up?"

Oh how I wish I could have come up with that one.... I might just steal it and use it on this string board I've heard about.

Also

So what was the original Ideal of Christianity?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

To make a stack of cash out of the death of some carpenter guy who was being all revolutionary at the Romans, I think.

Advertisement