Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hosting Signup > Domain Name Options??

Options
  • 15-02-2005 1:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Can someone explain to me what the story is with:

Transfer My Existing Domain

or

I will use My Existing Domain and update My Nameservers only.

???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭ranDom_tAsk

i'd go with the cheapest option, there are also some free domain redirections around on the net.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

1:
    "Transfer my existing domain"
    - you want to move billing of the domain to us
    You want to only have to deal with us for both the domain(s) and hosting. We request the transfer of the domain from the current registrar and you pay for 1 year's registration thus extending the registration period of the domain.

2: "I will use My Existing Domain and update My Nameservers only"
    - you only want us to host the domain for you.

Let's say you registered a domain somewhere else for a couple of years. There's no point in you transferring the billing to us immediately as it won't expire until 2006 or whatever. You simply login to your current registrar, if it's a com/net/org/info/biz, and update the DNS servers to use ours.
    We add your domain to our nameservers and off you go ...

Is that a bit clearer?

i'd go with the cheapest option, there are also some free domain redirections around on the net.
    Free domain redirection is not really relevant if he wants to buy hosting.
    I've also given an explanation for two possible case scenarios.

cool :)

i have a .net domain with irishdomains.com, i e-mailed them about getting a redriection from my other non 30 letters long domain name :rolleyes: , to my .net domain but i never got a reply :mad: ...

i would like to use my .net name instead of my .tk name can you do this for me ? what do i need to do ?

thanx

Do you mean pointing one domain at the other?
    Like we have blacknightsolutions.com and blacknight.ie pointing to the same space?
    Or do you mean something different?

Sorry ... It's after midnight, so I'm allowed to be a bit slow :p

• Advertisement

blacknight wrote:
    Do you mean pointing one domain at the other?
    Like we have blacknightsolutions.com and blacknight.ie pointing to the same space?
    Or do you mean something different?

Sorry ... It's after midnight, so I'm allowed to be a bit slow :p
    LOL no worries . . :)

just say at the moment i'm using this address www.1234567890qwertyuiopasdfghjkl.com (not really mine :D ) but i want to redirect it to my .net address www.xxxxxxxxx.net , could you do that for me if i contact irishdomains and move to you guys ?

If you took a hosting plan with us and had both domains on our DNS this would be dead easy.

If you prefer to remain with your current provider (*shock* *horror*) we could do it if you transferred the domain you want pointed to us.. though it's not as nice ... (anything for a sale)

blacknight wrote:
    If you took a hosting plan with us and had both domains on our DNS this would be dead easy.

If you prefer to remain with your current provider (*shock* *horror*) we could do it if you transferred the domain you want pointed to us.. though it's not as nice ... (anything for a sale)
    i think i'll pm for from now on, i feel like i'm stealing limbovski's thread :o ...

i'll pm you tomorrow, i don't want to keep you up all night :D:)

Just email me directly .. PMs are a pain .. Open browser.. etc., etc.,

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭limbovski

that pretty much clears it up blacknight thanks v much.

• Advertisement

So everyone is happy?
    Excellent :D

Advertisement