Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New mobile phones from Nokia (and Sendo)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭philtaylor

The X2 look sheer class , and that Nokia 6101 looks more than a passing likeness to the samsung e700 range.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

I was just gonna start a thread about the 6101! I think it is a class phone, and I especially like the idea of that new funky headset that they have for listening to mp3s and the radio. That said, does the 6101 support mp3 playing? It doesn't say anything about that in the specs or can I just not read correctly? :D

Plus, it has the FM radio which I really like and Edge, etc. - which I don't really know much about but tiz the route O2 are going down. Since O2 ain't doing 3G, etc. and I ain't moving to the horrors of Vodafone just to get 3G!

But oh I love the 6101, it looks sooooooooooo cool, I want it :D Any forecasts on what the price would be? I reckon around maybe the price of the 6170 perhaps on Expansys? That's £234, or maybe it'd be around the £300 mark :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

The Nokia 3230 seems to be up to standards too.The 6101 looks really like the e700.
    But looks someway smaller and nicer than other nokia clamshell.Dont you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Hi,

tinkerbell - The Nokia 6101 doesn't seem to a normal MP3/AAC player as it a) has only 3.5MB internal memory and b) no MMC card slot. :(

- Neil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

tinkerbell wrote:
    Plus, it has the FM radio which I really like and Edge, etc. - which I don't really know much about but tiz the route O2 are going down. Since O2 ain't doing 3G, etc. and I ain't moving to the horrors of Vodafone just to get 3G!

When i scan for networks i get voda 3g and o2 3g, so they have the stuff there for it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Hi,

O2 are adopting a "wait and see" policy and last time I asked about 3G I was told March or April 05. O2 do have 3G coverage is some areas but this is for testing and business use.

- Neil

Advertisement