Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

United Players join Fans + other news

• 15-02-2005 9:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭

Ole Gunnar Solksjar has displayed his loyalty to then club by joining Shareholders United . Paddy Crerand and Alex Stephny are some of the former players that are already members but Ole is the first current squad member to Financially back the fans attempt to gain control of the club

If you can speak norwegian the link is here
    Solskjaer joins Shareholders United!
    Feb 14th 2005

United.no can reveal that Ole Gunnar Solskjær has joined the Shareholders United, the organisation that is fighting a battle against Malcolm Glazer. Solskjaer has become a Patron.
    - He doesn't need to do this. It says so much about his character. We respect him as a player and as a man, says Shareholders United.

Solskjaer has always been regarded as a supporters´ man. Has status among United-supporters in England has always been almost indescribable high, a status that now certainly takes another mile high leap. Solskjaer has, as the first current player, accepted the request to become a Patron for Shareholders United. A title he shares with ex-players such as Paddy Crerand, Alex Stepney and Willie Morgan.

- The addition of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to our list of patrons is highly significant. This is the first current player we have recruited and what a player! A legend is the obvious and fitting description. But we recognise Ole Gunnar for more than just the great moments he has brought us on the pitch, says Duncan Drasdo in Shareholders United to United.no
    When United-Supporteren interviewed the Norwegian international with 62 caps before Christmas, Solskjaer was the first player to come out public about the takeover-plans, when he said: “I am absolutely on the supporters side, and I think the club is in very good hands as it is today”. Since then, Ryan Giggs and Rio Ferdinand have also come out public against Glazer. Something Sir Alex Ferguson also has done.
    But Solskjaer is the first present player to join Shareholders United, and by using Solskjaer as a Patron in their fight against Malcolm Glazer, the organisation now hopes that the current membership of 22.000 shoots further up.
    - He is clearly an intelligent and loyal man and I believe that this is as much responsible for the huge affection United supporters feel towards him as the goals he has scored, says Drasdo in Shareholders United.
    Even if Solskjaer is, understandably, associated with the goal that won United the Treble at Nou Camp in –99, Drasdo stresses that United’s number 20 has a high regard among supporters for so much more than that goal.
    - Most of all we are grateful because by accepting our request for him to become an SU patron we feel that Ole Gunnar is returning the genuine affection felt for him. Now that Ole Gunnar has shown the way there can be no excuse for ANY supporter not to join and own part of their club. Says a happy and grateful Duncan Drasdo to United.no.

In other United News on this day 60 years ago sir matt busby turned down an offer from liverpool to join Man United. He added 5 First Division titles to the trophy cabinet, two FA Cups (and led us out at Wembley in two more), and was the First Manager to bring the European Cup to English soil. United Fans owe this man a depth of gartitude for making the club The Global phenomena it is Today.

Spare a thought for the Great man Today.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Respect Busby.

Also the baby faced assassin, never came across such a pro, spent half his career on the bench, only to score almost everytime he comes on.
    Hope he will be back to top condition next season but been out this long will take its toll on him

As for Glazier...... he's like a bad smell!! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

That was his style.
    He would analyse the game, look for holes in the defense, and then come on and use those wholes to score.
    His briliance was due to his ability to identify the defense's weakness, I want him back as the super sub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I've sent a tenner to the Help Glazier Buy United And Run It Into The Ground fund. This is nearly as funny as the Magnier/McManus fiasco. Ahh all those fans with 'MUFC not for sale' signs who still don't understand what being a PLC is...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

PHB wrote:
    That was his style.
    He would analyse the game, look for holes in the defense, and then come on and use those wholes to score.
    His briliance was due to his ability to identify the defense's weakness, I want him back as the super sub

I read somewhere recently that he will be back soon, What a player to have on the bench eh , I wonder will he be back by the 25th of May I may put a few quid on him scoring the winner again..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

He'll be back for pre-season training in July.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

He wont even make the bench will he? with ruud, rooney, smith, saha all in with a shout aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

If hes fit he will be on the bench thats a certainty. this is a man both Roy Keane and Alex Ferguson have described as the best natural finisher they have ever seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

This is nearly as funny as the Magnier/McManus fiasco. Ahh all those fans with 'MUFC not for sale' signs who still don't understand what being a PLC is...
    Off the top of my head there is some form of protection in place where by a hostile takeover would need over 90% of the stock retuired for a compulsory purchase order of the remaining stock to de-list the club. A shareholder needs a minimum of 75% to attemp to de-list the club. More than 10% is in supporters hands and if they could hit 25% he'd still have to run it as a PLC.

Even with Cubic Expressions' block of shares (who sit just below the 30% mark where a formal offer is required by the stock exchange), Glazer will still only have around 50%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

I feel sorry for the lad, a total class player that you couldnt dislike. Even if he didnt get a game up front, he was pure class on the right wing towards the end of his last full season playing. He would sure hoof Ronaldo out of the team anyway.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

"I've sent a tenner to the Help Glazier Buy United And Run It Into The Ground fund. This is nearly as funny as the Magnier/McManus fiasco. Ahh all those fans with 'MUFC not for sale' signs who still don't understand what being a PLC is..."

Did you not read Gandalfs post?..... flamming if ever there was one!

• Advertisement

And which user exactly was I 'flamming' in my post?

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I've sent a tenner to the Help Glazier Buy United And Run It Into The Ground fund. This is nearly as funny as the Magnier/McManus fiasco. Ahh all those fans with 'MUFC not for sale' signs who still don't understand what being a PLC is...
    :rolleyes:

"And which user exactly was I 'flamming' in my post?"

All United supporters here!! If you have nothing constructive to say, then don't bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

He has somewhat of a point about the fact that Man U knew the risks of becoming a PLC when they did it. It's helped bring them success but they can't whinge too much if someone like Glazier steps in and takes over because of it, that's what being a PLC is.

Slash/ED wrote:
    He has somewhat of a point about the fact that Man U knew the risks of becoming a PLC when they did it. It's helped bring them success but they can't whinge too much if someone like Glazier steps in and takes over because of it, that's what being a PLC is.

Lad's we've already had one thread on this topic closed and it's a very serious issue for United supporters we should be able to discuss it here without it turning into more hassle.

On topic

Twosheds has a vaild point but I would argue that because United is a PLC and United Fans own 17% of the club we have more of a right than most fans in fighting decisions that we feel will adversly affect the club. United Fans did not have any infleuence on the decision to Float the club .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

If Football had more people like Ole Gunnar Solksjaer it would be fantastic,this man is a model professional,he has had several oppurtunities to leave United for bigger money but has always knocked them back pledging his loyalty to United,he`s a rare gem,such loyalty in the game in this day and age is few and far between and he has to be admired,i hope he recovers from his serious injury and gets back to form again,he`s a star............ ;)

jonny68 wrote:
    If Football had more people like Ole Gunnar Solksjaer it would be fantastic,this man is a model professional,he has had several oppurtunities to leave United for bigger money but has always knocked them back pledging his loyalty to United,he`s a rare gem,such loyalty in the game in this day and age is few and far between and he has to be admired,i hope he recovers from his serious injury and gets back to form again,he`s a star............ ;)

sorry, just a quick off topic point. I doubt he would of been as loyal if united werent winning trophy after trophy.

If united fans dont buy up enough shares to stop galazier and he still buys the club can they really complain? like muppet, phb etc all, if he does buy the club what do ypu plan on doing?

If united fans dont buy up enough shares to stop galazier and he still buys the club can they really complain? like muppet, phb etc all, if he does buy the club what do ypu plan on doing?

I cant speak for other United supporters but I have given this a lot of thought my actions will depend on what day of the week he takes over (assuming he does) . If it's a weekday I will get up have my breakfast and drive to work, however if its on the weekend I will probably have a lie in.

I dont believe he will get control,not because of Shareholders United but who knows, Cubic expression are still a major factor and they have said all along that they have no intention of selling their shares,

Go, hmm, well this might not be great, lets see what happens, I have absolutely no control once the purchase occurs.

The only level of control happens before the purchase, a showing that Glazier is bad for the club, and since he has been backed by a majority of players, I'm fairly sure he won't be getting in.

However that won't stop increased rumours, since that bumps up the share price :)

The Muppet wrote:
    I cant speak for other United supporters but I have given this a lot of thought my actions will depend on what day of the week he takes over (assuming he does) . If it's a weekday I will get up have my breakfast and drive to work, however if its on the weekend I will probably have a lie in.

:) At last, a realist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭SteM

The Muppet wrote:
    I dont believe he will get control,not because of Shareholders United but who knows, Cubic expression are still a major factor and they have said all along that they have no intention of selling their shares,

I really hope you're right but I think Cubic are just holding out for a better price. At the end of the day they're investors and wan't as much as they can get.
    The only level of control happens before the purchase, a showing that Glazier is bad for the club.....

Spot on, fans and supporters need to act now. I was reading another forum earlier where United fans in the UK were cancelling their Vodafone contracts to put pressure on one of Uniteds major sponsors. This sort of thing (and joining SU of course) may help send the message that the majority of United fans don't really want the club in his hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Are Vodafone backing Glazer? Or why are they being targeted?
    I believe there were peaceful protests outside Vodaphone and Nike shops the day of the Manchester derby, asking people not to go in. Can't understand the reasoning behind it - unless they have backed Glazer

SteM wrote:
    I really hope you're right but I think Cubic are just holding out for a better price. At the end of the day they're investors and wan't as much as they can get.

Thats a possibility alright Stem, I still think but for the Horse saga Cubic would own United and they may still have long term plans to buy it. The longer they hold out the better the chance of Sharholders United have of achieving their ambition.

SteM wrote:
    Spot on, fans and supporters need to act now. I was reading another forum earlier where United fans in the UK were cancelling their Vodafone contracts to put pressure on one of Uniteds major sponsors. This sort of thing (and joining SU of course) may help send the message that the majority of United fans don't really want the club in his hands.

Interesting, I have had emails from fellow Irish reds looking for support in putting pressure on some of the Irish based companies involved in financing Glaziers Bid.

As deeply as I feel for United I would not be prepared to get involved in a "dirty tricks" campaign against anyone. These things usually start out tame enough but you can always get the fool that would escalate things out of control. Has anyone here participated in any of these email campaigns etc?.

Here's an interesting article on the current state of play.

Glazer's desperate love affair
    13 February 2005 By Ed Micheau

Irish billionaires John Magnier and JP McManus have been put on the spot
    this week with the decision of the Manchester United board to allow US
    billionaire Malcolm Glazer to proceed with a limited due diligence of the company.

Following an emergency meeting last Friday, the board of United stated that
    they were “unlikely'‘ to recommend a bid by Glazer for the company, even
    though the proposed stg£790 million (€1.14 billion) - or 300p a share – approach
    was “fair'‘.

A final decision would “ultimately'‘ rest with shareholders, the board
    said, and reports yesterday said that he may up the bid to more than stg£800
    million.

The Irish duo, who have a 29 per cent stake through their investment
    vehicle, Cubic Expression, were quick to respond with a short but telling statement:
    “This announcement changes nothing: we are long-term value investors.”

Without the support of Cubic, Glazer cannot reach the 75 per cent level of
    acceptances he has set as a pre-condition for an offer to proceed.

The heavily-nuanced statement by the board is the latest instalment in a
    corporate version of pass the parcel. By accepting the 300p a share offer as “
    fair'‘, the board was fulfilling its fiduciary duty of acting in the best
    interests of all shareholders.

However, by adding that it was “unlikely'‘ to recommend a bid if one
    materialised - and that such a bid would “ultimately'‘ be a matter for
    shareholders - the board has firmly put the ball back at the feet of Magnier and
    McManus, United's largest shareholders.

Since Glazer's arrival on the United share register in 2003, Cubic has
    resisted all attempts by him to win its support for a takeover. The Irishmen will
    not part with their shares until Glazer secures a recommendation from the
    board.

Aboard recommendation is crucial, first, because without one, a formal bid
    is highly unlikely to be successful. Over 90 per cent of hostile takeovers do
    not succeed. Accepting a hostile offer only for the bid to later collapse
    would flush the Irishmen out on the price they would accept for their shares.

Second, it would also expose them to the opprobrium of United's massive and
    active fanbase. The power of the fans, who are also the company's customers,
    should not be underestimated. A number of supporter groups has maintained a
    relentless campaign to pressure the company board not to give Glazer a
    recommendation. This pressure included a statement last week by a shadowy grouping
    known as the Manchester Education Committee (MEC), which attracted the
    attention of Greater Manchester Police.

The MEC is also the group that stopped a race at the small racetrack of
    Hereford at the height of the dispute between Magnier and Manchester United
    manager Alex Ferguson over the racehorse Rock of Gibraltar.

In the eyes of the fans, Glazer is clearly the bad guy. Even though the
    American has reduced the level of apparent debt in his latest approach, the
    board's statement on Friday that his business plan was “aggressive'‘ supports the
    view that he is an asset-stripper.

His plans are believed to include a sale and leaseback of Old Trafford.
    Glazer also has a history of increasing ticket prices, with the cost of seeing
    his American football team Tampa Bay Buccaneers rising in each of the last three
    years.

In signalling their opposition to a recommendation, the Manchester United
    board of directors, including chief executive David Gill, may well have signed
    their own corporate death warrants.

Last year, Glazer voted three United directors off the board in retaliation
    for the board's refusal to back his second approach. Glazer had enough votes
    then because Cubic abstained.

Glazer now has the option of calling an extraordinary general meeting (egm)
    to seek the board's removal. A newly elected board could then give him the
    recommendation he dearly covets. Cubic has never exercised its vote at a
    shareholder meeting. A decision to abstain, which could result in the board's
    dismissal, might cast them as villains in the eyes of the fans. Are Magnier and
    McManus prepared to facilitate Glazer gaining control of the company?

By accepting the 300p-a-share pitch as “fair'‘, the board has set a
    benchmark for other suitors to make an offer for the company that is financed with
    cash rather than debt.

Meanwhile, the fans have won more time to increase their influence in the
    company. One grouping, Shareholder United (SU), has increased its membership
    from 8,000 to 22,000 since last October. SU believes that ordinary United fans
    now own 17 per cent of the club.

Their target is a 25 per stake, which would enable them to block a takeover
    under British company law.

Are Vodafone backing Glazer? Or why are they being targeted?
    I believe there were peaceful protests outside Vodaphone and Nike shops the day of the Manchester derby, asking people not to go in. Can't understand the reasoning behind it - unless they have backed Glazer

I believe the thinking behind it is that the likes of Vodaone, Nike & Pepsi pay United huge amounts in sponsorship. If United fans start boycotting the major sponsors it'll hit them in the pocket, they in turn could put pressure on the United board to not back Glazers bid.

SteM wrote:
    I believe the thinking behind it is that the likes of Vodaone, Nike & Pepsi pay United huge amounts in sponsorship. If United fans start boycotting the major sponsors it'll hit them in the pocket, they in turn could put pressure on the United board to not back Glazers bid.
    Im sure three of the biggest brands in the world would hardly notice the blip in sales from the boycott of Manchester United supporters of its products to make the slightest bit of difference.

Im sure three of the biggest brands in the world would hardly notice the blip in sales from the boycott of Manchester United supporters of its products to make the slightest bit of difference.

United have the largest support base in the game with an estimated 50 Million supporters worldwide. IF all those were to Boycott a specific company there could be a considerable blip in sales that would indeed make a differnce.

I don't think boycotting sponsors is a wise move [A} because I can't see the point as the board are already against Glazier and {B} the sponsors will just pull out if they get hassle.

The Muppet wrote:
    United have the largest support base in the game with an estimated 50 Million supporters worldwide. IF all those were to Boycott a specific company there could be a considerable blip in sales that would indeed make a differnce.
    But lets be honest, the type of people that would consider boycotting the products would probably be in general older more mature types of supporters. Now how often do you (for example) buy Nike or Pepsi products?

But anyway, as you say, its not a wise move (and thats all I was pointing out), as the sponsors could just pull out.

Now how often do you (for example) buy Nike or Pepsi products?

Your obviously not a parent. ;)

The Muppet wrote:

and if your tuen around to your kid and tell him he cant have a nike and pepsi because of the united issue why would he say? :D

doubt he would be too happy!

Majority of fans wont boycott nike. also if he does buy the club, they will boycott it for a month and then go back.

i was watching SPN earlier and a shareholder united person was interviewed and said he would stop supporting them not turn up to matches and not buy merchandise if glazier took over. Chances are he would be back to the game after a month.

all these boycotts will never work.

• Advertisement

You are tlaking about them therefore they are working

You seem to be confused between an advertisement and a boycott.

The Muppet wrote:
    No Im not.

I presume by that reply you are, but thats my point, I could see a supporter like yourself boycotting said products, but how many of them do you personally consume? I may not be a parent but I have enough nephews/nieces/cousins to know that no matter how their parents feel, they wont understand why they cant drink pepsi or have nike runners because daddy feels strongly against the hostile takeover of his most favoured plc in the sporting domain.

No Im not.

I presume by that reply you are, but thats my point,I could see a supporter like yourself boycotting said products, but how many of them do you personally consume?t,.................

Your point was that older people do not buy Pepsi and Nike, I was just pointing out the obvious flaw in that point.
    But lets be honest, the type of people that would consider boycotting the products would probably be in general older more mature types of supporters. Now how often do you (for example) buy Nike or Pepsi products?

How many I personally consume is irrelevant, it's how many I buy that is the important bit and with 4 children , 3 of them teenagers that would be quite a lot. Nike do not have a monopoly on designer trainers so if large numbers of people in the same position as myself had the inclination to boycott them i would think they would be quite worried.

Now we're starting to vere this thread off topic again and as one has already been closed on this subject it would be nice to keep it on topic. We are in agreeement as we don't think a boycott would be a good Idea.

The Muppet wrote:
    Now we're starting to vere this thread off topic again and as one has already been closed on this subject it would be nice to keep it on topic.

Totally agree. Another United strike has done an interview recently, RVN:
    "I feel at home in a place with such strong traditions. The moment I signed my five-year contract at Manchester United, the chairman at the time, Martin Edwards, took me to the boardroom. I shook hands with all of them the people in the room, Sir Bobby Charlton last of all. When he said: 'Good luck', I got goose bumps all over my body. I drive down the A56 straight to Old Trafford. Between two church towers in the distance, I can already see the two biggest stands. When I close my eyes, I can recall that mental picture, no matter where I am. I feel at home in a place with such strong traditions. I don't see why I shouldn't spend the rest of my playing days here. I never for a minute think things will happen naturally. Nothing comes naturally to me. I do not belong in that exceptional class of player that can operate occasionally at less than 100 percent. I know I would not get away with that. Giving less than 100 percent is not really an option for me. As the years have gone by, I have started to take football more and more seriously."

A lot of people dislike this guy but I happy to see that he's saying that he wants finish off his playing days at OT. Even though we've got 3 other top class strikers and hopefully Ole on his way back next season I still feel we miss Ruud up front in some matches. I'd love to see him stay injury free long enough to build up a partnership with one of the other strikers.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dirkey_wynne

SteM wrote:
    Totally agree. Another United strike has done an interview recently, RVN:

A lot of people dislike this guy but I happy to see that he's saying that he wants finish off his playing days at OT. Even though we've got 3 other top class strikers and hopefully Ole on his way back next season I still feel we miss Ruud up front in some matches. I'd love to see him stay injury free long enough to build up a partnership with one of the other strikers.
    Ah we miss Ruud a lot. He gives the whole team a lift. He's an incredible player, and a great front man. It'll be a sad day when he isn't playing for Utd anymore - be it retirement/transfer. The man is top quality, love him or loathe him, he's up there with the best.

• Advertisement

There's a couple of dedicated United forums down at the moment, Does anyone know what's up ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Looks like the United supporters plan on going down the Wimbledon route and form their own club (10 levels below the premiership) if Glazier takes over.

Solskjaer to boss FC United?
    Manchester United supporters will approach Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to manage a breakaway club if Malcolm Glazer's £800m bid to takeover at Old Trafford is successful.

A coalition of fans committed to keeping United out of the American's hands have revived contingency plans first drawn up in 1998 when the club was the subject of a bid from BSkyB and intend to draw on the support of members of the Independent Manchester United Supporters Association (IMUSA) and 20,000-strong pressure group Shareholders United (SU).

Solskjaer, currently recovering from a knee injury, has publicly voiced his disapproval to Glazer's bid and was last week unveiled as a patron of SU.

A blueprint for the new team with the working title of `FC United', which is to be revealed in fanzine `Red Issue' this week outlines how in the event of a takeover fans will boycott a Glazer-owned United and switch support to a Manchester-based club that would begin life in the North West Counties League - 10 levels below the Premiership.

Talks have already begun with United legend Eric Cantona about assuming a playing role for FC United, which would be owned by a democratically-run supporters' trust.

An FC United source said: "The plans will only be implemented in the event Glazer manages to force through his takeover and until that happens, everyone involved will do their damnedest to prevent it.

"For now, Manchester United is still our club, and it's the fervent hope of everyone that it remains so. However, announcing this now is to show both United fans and Glazer that we won't simply roll over and accept the fact should he ever defeat the opposition.

"Once the club has been founded moves will be made to attract personalities sympathetic to the cause. Following the patronage of Shareholders United by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and the support of Eric Cantona in the `Not For Sale' campaign, both would be approached in the belief that they would accept playing/managerial positions.''

Those behind FC United have taken advice from supporters of AFC Wimbledon who founded their club after Wimbledon were moved to Milton Keynes and re-branded as `MK Dons'. They are keen to point out that while AFC Wimbledon attract crowds of around 3,000 FC United could expect support on a much larger scale.

"It was only last month that we were exposed to the warming tale of Exeter City, whilst the achievements of AFC Wimbledon and its supporters are the ultimate inspiration,'' the source added.

"Wimbledon have already made their way from the Combined Counties League to the Isthmian League where they are top of Division One. Should, as expected, they gain promotion they'll start next season only two divisions below the Football League.''

Uuuummmm not sure that Glazier would be too intimidated by that in fairness!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

yop wrote:
    Uuuummmm not sure that Glazier would be too intimidated by that in fairness!!
    The only fans of Milton Keynes now are the people of Milton Keynes. There's no Wimbledon fans supporting them. Maybe United being more succesful it might be different but there'll certainly be a huge drop in supporters.

Ya that maybe but there are maybe 10000-15000 "true" hardcore United fans who go to everymatch and know all there is to know about United. Do you think they would give up on Manchester United to form their own club??

• Advertisement

Manchester United supporters will approach Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to manage a breakaway club if Malcolm Glazer's £800m bid to takeover at Old Trafford is successful.

LOLOLOLLLOLOOLLOOLOLOL - oh yeah Glazer will be ****ting himself at that prospect. Put him right off, it will.

LOLOLOLLLOLOOLLOOLOLOL - oh yeah Glazer will be ****ting himself at that prospect. Put him right off, it will.

I think this is a fairly crazy idea but I think you've missed the point. It won't put him off anything because if this ever happens** it will be because he has taken over already.

** I'd bet heavily against it happening, any piece that has quotes from 'sources' should be taken with a pinch of salt. I think this story originally appeared in last weekends Sunday Mirror which I suppose Football365 just picked up on.

Advertisement