Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

finally got PSP

Options
  • 15-02-2005 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭

well I finally got a PSP value pack direct from Japan, 275 Euros and 35-39 Euros per game which I thought was cheap, they even marked it down as gift so I didnt have to pay duty, Im very impressed, 25 delivery, much cheaper then liksang

Ridge racer is very impressive but Lumines is my favourite, now to buy a 1gig memory stick :)

website is Japonmaina.com I highly recomend them

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Skyscraper

So is the PSP any good? Is it as good as they say it is? Is it better than the GameBoy SP or the new DS?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

well its better then the SP, I dont know about the DS, the games are good so far, I wish adcance wars was availible for it, but its good for music and stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

How long did delivery take from japan? Im awaiting mine also from an ebay seller, It worked out at €290 including delivery for the value pack, very happy!

I have to order a few games and a 1GB ProDuo Card!

Whats the actual link for that site? the one you gave doesnt seem to work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭oxygen_old

Wouldya say the graphics are more like the PS1 or PS2?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I played one the other day (Ridge Racer). GFX are up there with the PS2. Dont think RR is PS2 quality though, a bit below. Its a nice unit but I dont like the single analog nub, it a very add little thing as well. They could have stuck another on the other side. Wouldnt switch me from my DS yet. Id have to see a few more solid titles. Id take mario kart over RR any day for fun game play. RR did have a good feel of speed and fluid movement but the car felt a bit removed from the enviorment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭bambam

What's the battery life like, it's the one thing about it that worries me

Thats been well establisehed by everyone here with a PSP as being 5-6 hours for games from what iv read in previous posts.

well the GFX are very ps2 ish, it seems like a monster of a thing, I think there will be some amazing games out soon fo it, wether they will be better then the DS quality games is another matter, I plan to use it for movies and music mainly via the memory stick

the delivery took less then a week about 4 working days including one day in customs, regarding the link just add www to the front of the link I posted before

re battery life I dont know yet, I only got it today so Im not sure, its sexy looking though, and the screen is amazing, ive never seen anything like the screen

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

How's the battery life for music / video playback form the memory stick?

• Advertisement

iv seen 10-13 hours quoted for mp3 play back, not sure about video.

Rew wrote:

thats too expensive for second hand, you can buy it new for that even with game

re music battery I played mp3s on it on the way into work and it says I have about 9 hours left, I was playing music for about half an hour, remember to turn off WLAN not needed for music anyway, It can be recharged easy by using usb cable in work

anyone know where to buy memory stick duo in dublin without paying crazy money, komplett are out of stock

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Best Thing EVER. Never mind sliced bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

Check out Mr Calculator(<think thats what its called) opposite teh Duke? off grafton st. They've got PSP and Nin DS in stock. Prob have the Mem stick as well. How much are they selling them for?

mr calculator charge crazy prices for everything

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I read the first batch of PSPs for the States have already been taken up by pre-orders, so unless you pre-ordered one there, you won't be able to pick one up at launch.

That could just be a nasty rumour though, but it's likely it's true, it's taking Sony a good while to produce enough units for demand (which is why the Euro release was delayed, not enough units!)

€330!! thats mental for the standard pack and a dead pixel. you could get the standard pack for about €240 online.

I dont think we will see it on sale here till june because of lack of units! or they could od the PS2 on it and release it when they only have about 500 for each country!

Hopefully mine should be here by friday! Anyone know where to get games fairly cheap that wont screw you for delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,341 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

€330!! thats mental for the standard pack and a dead pixel. you could get the standard pack for about €240 online.
    how is that mental where online can you get it for 240 and if you can ull have to pay for shipping and getting it insured also it comes with one of the best psp games lumines and the dead pixel i heard is very common too one of the disadvantages but you wouldnt hard even see the pixel its that small

www.ebay.com.au they sell for about au$390 (~€240) including delivery sealed in a box. I bought a brand new Value pack for €290 delivered from Ebay.co.uk and no customs, €330 for a secondhand standard one with a dead pixel and a secondhand game is expensive in my opinion.

S.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Gizzard wrote:
    anyone know where to buy memory stick duo in dublin without paying crazy money, komplett are out of stock

Peats are selling 512MB for €90. If you buy them from Hong Kong on Ebay it will arrive in about 5 days (faster than Parcelforce/GLS)

www.ebay.com.au they sell for about au$390 (~€240) including delivery sealed in a box. I bought a brand new Value pack for €290 delivered from Ebay.co.uk and no customs, €330 for a secondhand standard one with a dead pixel and a secondhand game is expensive in my opinion.

S.
    but you have to go through all the trouble off bidding and if you do win you might still end up with a dead pixel on the psp you bought
    alest if any one does buy my one ill personaly deliver it to them and they can see for them selfs does it work and i have only my psp for alest 5 weeks around that and game is like new

But it will be new off Ebay, and cheaper.

Ciaran500 wrote:
    But it will be new off Ebay, and cheaper.
    my one is new when i got it first and theres still a dead pixel on it

I never said there would not be any dead pixels if you bought one new. But at least you have the chance of getting one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭themessiah

Arrived in Ireland via the below , however out of stock new lot in on 29th of feb

Sony PSP Value Pack (Japanese Version)
    http://www.expansys.ie/product.asp?code=SONY_PSP1000K

is 314 euro

and just the console is 259 euro excluding del

Personally id wait for the 1GB on komplett to arrive, €140 including delivery pretty cool!

Anyone know if the cards are gonna get any bigger? 2GB etc?

The Memory Stick Pro 2GB and 4GB was released recently. AFAIK the Pro and the Pro Duo are based on the same technology so we should see these sticks in the futre. But the 4GB is $900!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭themessiah

sandisk 1gb comp with psp are 125 euro on ebay,

will any pro duo card work as they have 2gb of them

• Advertisement

Yes any Pro Duo. Are you sure there Duo sticks? Link?

Advertisement