Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best Place to Advertise a Car for Sale

Options
  • 15-02-2005 1:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hey

I am currently trying to sell my car , Renault Laguna 2002 Diesel. I am trying to decide where is the best place to advertise it. Anybody got any hints or tips.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

You can always try the "FS Motors" thread (Shop - For Sale - FS Motors).
    Other than that, what about Auto Trader ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Jildy

I recently sold a car on Buy and Sell. I took the E30 option for a box around the ad for 1 month. I sold it after 2 days and rang them to cancel the rest of the ad time.
    I had previously advertised on Evening Herald and was plagued with calls from CBG.ie and Autotrader asking if I wanted to advertise with them. I got none of these 'nuisance' calls from the ad in Buy and Sell. This is probably because they reckon people who advertise here only want to avail of free ads.

That's my tuppence worth !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭dunser

Hey, you are dead right thats all I am getting. I will try buy and sell
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flav0rflav

Buyandsell - free, big circulation, certainly has readers interested in buying. Website can be a bit flakey.

Autotrader - fee, doesn't seem to be as popular in the south as up north.

CBG - fee, seems more popular than autotrader, and nearly as big as carzone.

carzone - has a large number of cars, and is syndicated to various places, like rte, sunday times, etc BUT is restricted to dealers.

nicemove.ie - smaller than the others, but free, and syndicated to irish times.

It's a real pity there isn't a more active irish used car market on Ebay. But I get the impression that we don't seem to have a big private buyer/seller market in used cars. I think the vast majority of used cars go through dealers.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

check out this thread

• Advertisement
Advertisement