Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polishing wooden floors

Options
  • 15-02-2005 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

I was going to get out the Mr. Sheen out at the weekend to give one of the rooms wood floors a polish until the trouble & strife whacked me over the head to stop. Says it would put a film on it. Is there any products out there that put that new shine back on the floor?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Lockster

Try Pledge Soapy Wood Cleaner. You dilute it down with water and then mop the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Lockster wrote:
    Try Pledge Soapy Wood Cleaner. You dilute it down with water and then mop the floor.
    will it give a polished look like new or just clean it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Kleer ? works on tiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Lockster

The Soap Wood Cleaner will clean it and give it a slight polish, but it won't be like new. Ronseal also do some wooden floor products that you spray on and then wipe off. I've seen them in Woodies / Atlantic but have never tried them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi Lex,

If you are near Brooks Thomas on the Naas Rd or Finglas they have a cleaning product for Junkers timber floors.

It gives the floor a nice polish, it has Junkers written on the container.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Lex, there is actually a product by the same crowd that make the Mr. Sheehan spray polish. Wouldn't recommend using the spray!! You'd be slippin all over the gaff.

You add @ 2 capfuls to water and it brings a great shine back on the floor.
    You'd get it in Tesco without problem.

Advertisement