Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must be a record. Were there no bad beats last night?

Options
  • 15-02-2005 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭

It's late in the day and still we have no bad beat thread for today! Are the cards falling right in Irish Poker for a change?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

O.k. if you want one.

$5 STT (I know tis my own fault for playing one)

Pocket 10s, I raise, next player goes all-in, I call. He turns over K10o and hits a K on the turn to leave me bugger all chips. Very next hand I'm BB, SB raises me all-in, I have KQ and call, he shows K6 and hits 6 on the turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Not really. Went out of the $1500 on VC when my AK hit AA, it wasn't nice but certainly no bad beat. Checked my VC account late Saturday night, thought I had cashed everything out but $3.69 was still there. That $3.69 is now over $400 thanks to idiots on the $1/$2 Omaha game (would have been more if I hadn't fallen asleep late late late Saturday night while 3rd chip leader with 22 left in a 1250 gtd tourney, I wake up with drool on my shoulder, dark turned to light outside, to see myself allin on the blind :eek: with Q3 :rolleyes: . Amazingly, it didn't hold up!). If anyone sees me (Omaha J.P.) at a holdem cash game table on VC over the week btw, its not me, its my flatmate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

I think most of the bad beats and missed opportunities from last night will be in the social forum

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I got a bad beating from a Darkwood Lurker last night in Loch Modan.

I'll get me coat.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Last night in a freeroll tourney, 15th or so out of about 45 left with 14k chips, and got A3 clubs. Guy that's been bluffing a lot the last few hands and using is 26k stack to shoulder people out of the way of the pot, goes all in. I know he's probably got a pair, but till then his cards have been weak - he won with 2 pair 4&3 a few hands back ffs :)

I call, he turns up QQ. Board runs up 5 4 8 6 6. I walk away 44th.

I need to learn in tournaments that my chips are more important than doubling up. If I had just sat there and let the blinds bleed me, I still would have come in the top 27.

I knew what I was doing was wrong, but I couldn't stop myself :) Part of it was the thought of doubling up for the sake of it, part was doubling up for chips enough to secure my place, and part of it was to wipe the smug smile off his face (that I imagine he probably had as I couldn't really see his face)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Wait 'til you get to the ogres and killing Chuk'sol.

What have I become?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

' wrote:
    [cEMAN**']I need to learn in tournaments that my chips are more important than doubling up.

It's more important to avoid tangles with stacks larger than your own unless you have a very big hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭deadbeat

hi, my first post here..been pretty lazy but had to post this beat..

in a home cash game last night, the pot is e125, blinds are 1/2, im heads up with about e18 in chips.
    about the 5th hand in and im dealt AA, i really want to get as much as i can out of this and preferable get called all in so i decide not to raise pre flop (you can see my mistake already)
    anyway flop come 773 rainbow,i check, the other guy bets e1, i call, next card is 9, i got all in and get called straight away...i turn over my rockets, he turns over 2 7 off suit! next card was something random & im beat.
    i know i should have raised pre flop but i could resist slow playing being so short stacked..funny that the worst hand beat the best hand though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭sgtdiesalot

put it this way last night down to the last 11 9 for last table had pocket bullets on the button small bet in to me raise all in was called he had k8 of hearts flop came 8ja
    was over the moon turn 8 starting to worry but ok 8 on the river ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

From last night's €50 double-chance:

Blinds were 50 / 100, I had 99 and made it 400 to go. Two callers, including Kevin the Solicitor on BB. Flop was 9xx with two hearts. Was a little worried about the hearts, but also greedy, so raised to 600, they both went with me. Turn was x, another 400 (I think), both still in it. River was a heart, Kev thinks and thinks and makes it 800, both of us relucantly call and he takes it all with a K high flush. He had seen all of my raises with K4h and got a lovely big pot.

Another notable hand on the final table, player X raised a few thousand (blinds 300 / 600 I think), Oscar calls, and I go all-in (about 8,000 maybe) with JJ. Player X goes all-in (big stack) and Oscar goes all-in. Player X turns rockets, Oscar turns cowboys. Had a feeling either Oscar or I would crack the rockets and lo and behold I hit a set on the flop. Player X won the side pot to knock Oscar out, I use my new stack to finish 3rd for a small but satisfying profit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

2nd had into a $5 STT, Get KK on the BB. Make it 500 to go, 1/4 of starting stack only 2 callers, flop comes AKQ h, Decide to try and end it there and then, All In 2 callers 1 has AK, other has 10 J.

Game over!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

MTT on Monday night, last three tables, my chip stack is in the top third, with Pocket Kings. Raise in to me from the chip lead. I re-raise all in. Called.

He shows KJo (versus my KK). Flop: JJx.
    Me: nh
    Him: ty
    Me (to self): grumble, grumble, lucky bastoid, grumble..

But then I did win my A3 all-in, over Culchie's AQ in the PokerStars tournie last night, when I hit a '3' on the flop.. Swing'n'roundabouts..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Interesting bad beat from last nights home game, 7 runners €460 for the winner (this was the key hand that set him up for victory with a huge chip lead), one of the badder ones of recent times. Note that all of my home game players are converts to the school of the 8-5 (which must be raised preflop and post flop to activate its magic), the very best hand in poker, proved by this.

100/200 Player B makes it 1100 to go with 8c5c UTG (16k 2nd CL), folded around to player G (CL, approx 20k) who smooth calls with TcTs.

Flop comes down

Ah Th 2s

Player B moves all in for 15k and is called in a flash by Player G.
    pokenum  -h tc ts  - 8c 5c  -- ah 2h td 
    Holdem Hi: 990 enumerated boards containing Td Ah 2h
    cards  win   %win  lose  %lose  tie  %tie     EV
    Ts Tc  974  98.38    16   1.62    0  0.00  0.984
    8c 5c   16   1.62   974  98.38    0  0.00  0.016

While everyone is declaring B dead while cursing the 8-5 (bad move, he should have known it would come good)

Turn 4
    ..... hang on he's not dead.......

River 3
    Thats the power of the 85!

for an unlikely 5 hi str8.

This is proof of the true potential of the 85 :)

Advertisement