Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oscail Arts Students?

Options
  • 15-02-2005 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else here doing a BA through Oscail?

We could use this forum to keep in touch and swap ideas for assignments etc.
    I'm doing Philosophy 3 and Sociology 2 this year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

How do you find it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I find it ok. Their efficiency leaves a lot to be desired but the course itself is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 frings

Hi Macros,

I'm thinking about doing a BA through Oscail later this year. What's the workload like doing two modules per year? If I do it I'll probably do Psychology and Sociology.

Sorry - didn't see this til now. I'm going two modules a year myself. It's not too onerous. Sociology is fun - doing Soc 2 this year. Psy is supposed to be a lot harder though. I know a couple of people doing it and it's hard word. I'm also doing Philosophy 3 this year. Lot of reading in both but enjoyable.

The guideline is 6-7 hours per module per week. I find that about right but you'll probably do more reading than that on the train/bus/in bed etc which ups the time spent.

Good luck with it if you go ahead with it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 frings

Thanks for the reply. I'm 99% sure that I'm going to do this. Just need to figure out how to pay for it now...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Yule3

Has anyone done the Literature or the History modules? How did you find it?

Yule3 wrote:
    Has anyone done the Literature or the History modules? How did you find it?
    I did HIS1 last year - found it very interested but a hell of a lot of reading involved. And History books are not designed to be easy reading :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Yule3

Ah thanks for the reply...I don't mind the reading as I read a lot, and I have loved history since I was younger.

Advertisement