Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100 game last night.

Options
  • 15-02-2005 4:22pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anybody no who won it...?I was knocked out just after 2am in 4th place I had to go as in was up early for work today,I would say they did a deal as the chips were about even.But I could be wrong.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Well done on the 4th Dub. That's a tough tournament.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

DapperGent wrote:
    Well done on the 4th Dub. That's a tough tournament.

Thanks,yea its a tough tournament allright my best before last night was 16th.I could/should have done better I caught a chap on the steel he went all in with 6 8 I call for 95% of my stack with A K he hits a 8 on the flop and that was the end of my night. :mad:

I realy injoy this tournament and I will be back for more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

crazy call tbh...very bad luck ;)

Would it not have been more tempting to hold onto your stack for better than a 50-50 chance? ok he had 6 8 but going all-in at that stage in a tournament you must have suspected he had a PP and more than likely a high one?

Iago wrote:
    Would it not have been more tempting to hold onto your stack for better than a 50-50 chance? ok he had 6 8 but going all-in at that stage in a tournament you must have suspected he had a PP and more than likely a high one?

I got what I thought was a read on him....and it turned out I was right,we had not seen a flop in about 20 min it was just continues robbing the blinds maybe looking back on it today with the benefit of hindsight I could have binned.But my read on him turned out right and he was on the steel,if I had of won that hand I would have been chip leader or there abouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

If I'm think holding AK it's an auto call 4 handed. There's an awful lot of stealing going on at that stage, a goodly amount of it on A-rag. If it's a raise reaise rereraise situation I might think about it but I'm likely to be potcommitted at that stage. If there's only two of us in the hand I can't think of many 4-handed situations I would fold AK in beyond perhaps being in a battle against the only other big stack with two small stacks watching and hoping.

With the other three stacks reraising each other I could see a case for dumping it, but jebus AK four handed? That's a monster!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭pokertroll

Dub13 wrote:
    Anybody no who won it...?I was knocked out just after 2am in 4th place I had to go as in was up early for work today,I would say they did a deal as the chips were about even.But I could be wrong.

Hey Dub13,

Nice result - that was me who went out in fifth position.
    It was a very tough final table IMHO - you did very well to hang in there with the shortstack that you had - it looked like you were getting really crap cards.

I played some of my best and worst poker in the course of the night - there were 2 hands that I didn't need to get involved on that final table that cost me dearly - I thought Kev the solicitor (apart from the early AJ call) and Robbie played a stormer. Oscar was unlicky to run in to my moster 10 -5.

The northern guy, Bo, certainly knew how to play - I'm guessing it was he who raised you with the 6-8 - you had to call as it was your only chance of winning it with the two large stacks on the table.

My guess is that they Robbie and Kev would have done a deal.

pokertroll,
    Hi,Yea it was a very tough final table but I enjoyed it can you enjoy an final table getting crap cards...!!!
    You played some good poker with a fair bit of bad luck.Oscar was very unlucky he played well.After you went I worked my short stack up (I am not saying this had anything to do with you going :D )and I was no longer the short stack.

Your right it was the northern guy who I went all in with, he certainly could play and was very unhappy to see my AK.Your right my idea/plan was to double up and then take on the two large stacks.A good night was had by all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

I didnt play well at all, couldnt change gears and it was just stupid of me to let pokertroll see a flop with 10 5, I deserved to go out 8th and was lucky to make the final table, that said I dont agree it was a tough final table, the easiest final table on a monday Ive seen in a long time

bohsman wrote:
    I didnt play well at all, couldnt change gears and it was just stupid of me to let pokertroll see a flop with 10 5, I deserved to go out 8th and was lucky to make the final table, that said I dont agree it was a tough final table, the easiest final table on a monday Ive seen in a long time

Correction - a tough final five!

so nobody knows who won or if a deal was done...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I think Kevin (white haired gent) won, as I played last night in the 50 double chance and people were congratulating him. Same guy?

Yea that would be the same guy Kev the solicitor,he was a chip leader for most of the night so its no real surprise

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I think he's fairly good craic at the table, loves to joke around. I played in the 200+20 in the Merrion last week and he was in the fine form - everyone thought he was drunk or something. He went all-in on Liam Flood and started to goad him or something. Liam folded and Kevin went a little crazy, standing up and down, telling everyone that they had been ahead of him, blah blah blah for 10 minutes (it was fairly funny, mind), then out of the blue he started laughing so intensely that tears were streaming down his face. He couldn't even speak. Finally managed to get out that he had had aces when he went all in. I know it doesn't read funny but it was at the time...:)

Yea he is good craic I have played with him a few times once with Noel Furlong he was well on forum that night.Last night by the end he was nodding off....

Dub13 wrote:
    Yea he is good craic I have played with him a few times once with Noel Furlong he was well on forum that night.Last night by the end he was nodding off....

One of the best players in Dublin - that noddding off is only an act!

pokertroll wrote:
    - that noddding off is only an act!

I was thinking the same when he was doing it.... :D some of the tricks these old timers get up to ;)

Advertisement