Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best rugby match watchin' pub in Dublin?

• 15-02-2005 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭

Folks,

The match against England - I will not be watching from the stand, along with many here I imagine - no ticket to me name.

Therefore, where's the next best place to go to watch this thing happening in Dublin, with a pint, in the midst of likeminded Irish-supporting rugger fans?

City centre preferred, but will travel!! :-)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Hairy Homer

Synotts just opposite the gaiety will have a big screen and will probably be full of rugby fans of both nations so the atmosphere, in one sense, will be great.

In another sense it will be vile as it is a basement room with no windows and the flatulence, thanks to the smoking ban, will be bloody awful.

You need a few glowing cigarette ends to burn off all that methane.

Didn't think of that, did you Micheal Martin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Synotts just opposite the gaiety will have a big screen and will probably be full of rugby fans of both nations so the atmosphere, in one sense, will be great.

In another sense it will be vile as it is a basement room with no windows and the flatulence, thanks to the smoking ban, will be bloody awful.

You need a few glowing cigarette ends to burn off all that methane.

Didn't think of that, did you Micheal Martin?

went there to try and watch the Bath Leinster game....they were showing some english soccer match instead.....not going back ever again.try sheehans, no big screen but good atm.

Or you could try the australian bar up on Parnell st (Outback?). hundreds of screens and a massive big screen. But you'll be surrounded by loads of antipodeans taking the piss about the standard od Northern Hemisphere rugby....and on recent showings, you'll have nothing to rebut the ****ers with

I prefer Slatterry's but it will be completely jammed pre-and post match as it's so close to Landowne Rd.

watched a few matches in McCloskey's on Morehampton Road....great place, good fun and a good knowledgable crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

Had that same problem with Sinnots a few years ago for a Munster game - the crowd started chanting Munster ! Munster ! at the top of their voices and low and behold the game was changed. I like Dohneys (good pint - big screen) myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Downtime wrote:
    Had that same problem with Sinnots a few years ago for a Munster game - the crowd started chanting Munster ! Munster ! at the top of their voices and low and behold the game was changed. I like Dohneys (good pint - big screen) myself

Jesus, How could I forget Dohney and Nesbitt's.....cracking place!!! Go There!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭wrafter

Problem solved. Thank you gents. D&N it is. Do they have big screen/small screen or what (and where? up/downstairs) - there's no way I'm gonna stand at the back squinting for this one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

They have a big screen, small screen, and a couple of mediums sized ones. get there early, get a stool and a table and a few pints in and a win for Ireland and it will be a great day.

Advertisement