Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MP3 Player with Line Out ??

Options
  • 15-02-2005 5:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

I'm looking for an MP3 player, hopefully around 20GB, which has a line out connector. I want to connect it as an auxilary player in my car.

Obviously they all have headphone outputs but these are often not sufficient quality to connect to an outside amplifier.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I dont know of any with another output just for line out, Most Mp3 players are good enough to do the job, if the file is of good enough quality. I often play my ipod through a Marantz amp and Large floorstanding mission speakers, so im sure a Car amp would be of similar capability's (im guessing its a pretty powerful amp?) I also connect it to a mixer thats connected to a club sound system and it sounds fine?

Sean.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Max wrote:
    I'm looking for an MP3 player, hopefully around 20GB, which has a line out connector. I want to connect it as an auxilary player in my car.

Obviously they all have headphone outputs but these are often not sufficient quality to connect to an outside amplifier.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for help.

Not of sufficient quality???? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

The iRiver H100 series has an earphone, remote control, line in and line out (optical and analogue)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Any player with a headphone out will work the same as a line out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Max

Thanks for the replies.
    It's not an powerful amp in the car.

The reason I asked is that I already have a Sony MiniDisc player which has both headphone and line out. If I use the headphone connection to output to an amp the sound is not good quality but with the line out it's fine.

I wonder if I will get similar bad quality sound with a headphone connection on an MP3 player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Most of the Iriver mp3 players (h100/h300) have dedicated line outs. On the Sony HD3 you can change the headphone socket to a dedicated line out from a menu on the player. I have the HD3 myself and if your used to the mini disc the interface is somewhat similar. The sony also has a better battery life, I get about 25hrs out of it. By comparison friends of mine have H320's and they get about 10hrs... Thats the main reason I didnt go for an Iriver.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

My old Creative dukebox 6 GB had one head phone and two line outs on it, the sound from the line outs was better.
    I have a creative Zen Extra 60 GB now in has none , i just use the head phone connection , but- it seems to be software controlled as you can set it to "In Car " mode, this made a big difference,
    you are correct there is def a case to be made for a proper line out, I'm happy with the Zen Xtra the setup change worked

Advertisement