Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Optometry and accommodation

• 15-02-2005 5:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

I'm having a bit of a crisis. Having just found a course that might actually suit me i find out that its in Dublin. No offence people but being from cork you must understand my aprehension. To make matters worse the whole campus accommodation is non- existant. Whoopdedoo! So i just want to know your opinions on the optometry course, life at DIT etc. and more importantly how the hell you managed to get somewhere to stay besides a grotty digs!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Jane Doe

Grrrrrrr!! Eight of you have read this msg but no-one could be arsed replying!! Dubliners for ya!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

That won't help. Just because people read doesn't mean they'll have useful advice for you. Kevin Street has an accommodation service of some sort in the SU if my very dim memory is correct, but I'm not honestly sure it is correct. I think they produced a list or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭smelly girl

I'm not from Dublin and i found a place that wasn't grotty digs.

Simple if you use your brain.

Get a paper, look for houses.

Go to Daft.ie

No-one is going to do it for you.

Welcome to college honey.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Faddymackshyte

A little hostile don't ya think? You asked for help and getting angry isn't going to get you very far.
    I'm not from Dublin either, but as far as I know there are loads of accomodation services. Every college has a bulletin type thing advertising places.
    DIT's grand, nothing to complain about, but I can't help you on the optometry thing, I don't even know which building that would be in!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Asking DIT to find accomodation will probably achieve nothing.

If you are going to survive college at all you will have to take some initiative. Get an Evening Herald or sift through Daft.ie and make the phone calls. You will have to beat the streets visiting places.

No one else is going to do it for you. If it was as easy as asking the SU or DIT then we would all be living in Frat house style luxury and paying €25 a week rent.

[edit]
    With regard to the course, it is widely recognised and respected. If you have the points and your into becoming an optician or anything similar then I would go for it.

The Kevin St campus is a bit of a kip but you'll get over that. I think it is improving too.
    [/edit]

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Optometry is in the old building in Kevin St.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭smelly girl

Hostile, i don't think so. Just seemed like she needed to wake up really. Ballooba said it all really.

Advertisement