Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subbed menu - Request for clickable?

Options
  • 15-02-2005 6:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭

For as long as I have been using boards, my primary way of getting back to the active topics list was to click the first menu item in the dropdown menu ("boards.ie"), which jumps back to the index page. Since I started using a subscribed list to avoid a lot of the fluff that has started appearing, I've come to miss this little shortcut, as so far as I can see none like it exists for getting back to the subbed list. Instead I have to go to the active topics page and then filter the subbed topics myself.

So I was wondering would it be possible to have the "Subbed" menu entry made clickable so that it could take us to our subscribed active topics (http://www.boards.ie/index.php?latestposts=subbed)?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

douple-plus-good idea there, comrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Nice idea, but doesn't the stars beside the subbed menu items do similar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

WizZard wrote:
    Nice idea, but doesn't the stars beside the subbed menu items do similar?
    Yeah, but I've found them slow to update sometimes, meaning I go back expecting a new reply and instead I find a read list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

It used to send you back to the User CP, which was quite handy, since you had the list of subbed forums

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I always wondered why it brought you back to nowhere.
    Link the "subbed" to: http://www.boards.ie/index.php?latestposts=subbed

• Advertisement

I hadn't noticed that, cheers. But I would still like a more comprehensive listing of whats new...

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Not really understanding this request. Cloud does this sort of thing anyway, so its up to him (though linking Subbed to the subbed list on the front page, seems like a cracking idea).

Remember clicking the Boards logo anywhere will bring you back to the front page and if all else fails, you can always create a shortcut on your browsers links bar :) )

If I understand your request clearly it seems like a good idea though.
    DeV.

DeVore wrote:
    linking Subbed to the subbed list on the front page
    Thats precisely what I meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Mayor-Thumbs%20Up.jpg

Advertisement