Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Case modding a dell

Options
  • 15-02-2005 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi guys i have a dell 4600 and i want to put it in a new case (thermaltake tsunami case) but i,ve heard that dell,s dont fit into other cases to good has anyone here any experience with this.Any help would be appreciated thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

dixsey wrote:
    Hi guys i have a dell 4600 and i want to put it in a new case (thermaltake tsunami case) but i,ve heard that dell,s dont fit into other cases to good has anyone here any experience with this.Any help would be appreciated thanks in advance.

as far as i know the dell motherboards wont fit into a "standard" case and vice versa so a new motherboard is going to be needed if you go ahead with your plan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

I confirm that. Dell Mobos are not ATX form factor, and so don't fit into ATX cases

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

can be done thow with a bit of time and a drill lol friend did it tbh its not worth it get a new psu & motherboard them puty that into your case and everything from your dell cpu graphics card harddrive cd rom etc.

Advertisement