Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Win2k server admin password cracker

• 15-02-2005 7:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Does anyone know whats the best administrator password cracker for win2k server (sp4)?

Tried a few different linux boot disks but nothing seems to work?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

I'm pretty sure anything in the whole cracking/hacking etc. area is banned here. Edit your post while you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 thedevil

Its not hacking, I just don't remember the password!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

You used the word 'cracking' and it is the whole process of bypassing passwords. Getting through security flaws.

Who's to say that you aren't actually going to use it to take down AIB and then AIB could sue boards for not disallowing that kind of info to pass. DeVore and Cloud would not be happy, methinks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

thedevil wrote:
    Its not hacking, I just don't remember the password!

Brilliant ... I've *never* heard that one before.
    thedevil wrote:

Yea, cos obviously some Linux Distro's are going to give you the Windows2K admin password :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

just reported thread to mods.
    doesn't belong here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I know your pain, but I'd be afraid of getting a warning if I told you which distro you should get. Saying that, why don't you go the legal'ish route, and goto @stake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I think you're all overreacting a bit.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Yea I think the same myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

multiple threads on this before, admin pass resetter.

That said are you trying to get the domain admin pass ?

Im sure some form of knoppix would help, maybe one that has a Sexually Transmitted Disease

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭JDxtra

There are downloadable Linux boot disks that can do what you want to achieve.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

thedevil wrote:
    Does anyone know whats the best administrator password cracker for win2k server (sp4)?

nice first post :rolleyes:

How come you can't remember it ??

Not a stupid question considering how many times W2K would have to be rebooted if you were to keep it patched up to date. If it is on a domain then any domain admin could change it. If it's not on a domain and is not mission critical then reinstall over the top (*though you might need the pw to do that - never had to be there*) or in a parallel folder

Cracking windows passwords - there are so many workarounds (eg: account operators) that I can't see any reason why anyone not already capable of doing it needs to know.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Prior Of Taize

Gilgamesh wrote:
    just reported thread to mods.
    doesn't belong here

what the **** are you talking about?...its the windows forum...tard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭Egyptian

this workd on PC's but im not sure about servers. its also written in the handbook or manual of most PC's so its not like no-one should know this.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Stephen wrote:
    I think you're all overreacting a bit.
    Yeah me too.
    Chillax tbh.
    He needs to break an admin password, therefore he is about to hax0r teh planet :D :rolleyes:

Advertisement